Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Change of seasons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of seasons!

I forgot how much trouble the change of seasons are for us. I want to move to a climate that is more continuous. DD#1 has issues with clothing transitions. It went from 90 to 50 in two days. Her comfort level doesn't download that fast. She wanted to wear summer clothes and put up a huge fight getting dressed this morning. I normally leave wardrobe issues alone because its a battle I am not picking. I couldn't allow a tank top and shorts today. I am exhausted.
    Needs

Re: Change of seasons!

i'd allow the tank top and shorts -- let her be cold if she won't cooperate. it's not going to do any permanent damage, and she'll learn that you know what you're talking about.

Comment

we've been working on the wardrobe shift for a while now... it sucks.
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

i'd allow the tank top and shorts -- let her be cold if she won't cooperate. it's not going to do any permanent damage, and she'll learn that you know what you're talking about.
        That is one of the fastest ways to let them know who is boss!!!! On the other hand, I always had a hard time actually doing it.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I had a friend who moved out here to MD when her daughter was about 3, and she had never worn pants before in her entire life (the 3 y.o.). She was born in Hawaii, and only traveled to souther Cali or something. It took her a long time to get used to the feel of pants on her legs!
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
            I usually do this. I had her not-so-nice preschool teacher tell me repeatedly last year that she wasn't wearing appropriate clothing. I finally told her if she wanted to come to my house and deal with dressing my daughter she could.
            Needs

Comment

Working...
            X