Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

ORNERY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORNERY!

I just don't know what to do with Jacob! One minute he is sweet, thoughtful, and kind -- while still being all "boy". The next he's snippy, bossy, antagonistic, demanding, defiant ... just plain FRUSTRATING! I don't give in to these behaviors - never have. He loses priviledges when he's defiant, rude, mean, etc. I praise his cooperation and kindness. I just. don't. know. what. to. do!

Re: ORNERY!

Take him, mutiply by 3,and you get my house of happiness
    thank God for my sweet little #4

Comment

Keep doing what you're doing. :huh: I know....I think, "haven't we done this? was it ok last time?"

Comment

What to do?

Come to San Antonio and drink margaritas while Jigar stays home w/ the boys?

Just throwing that out there...

Jenn

Comment

One minute he is sweet, thoughtful, and kind -- while still being all "boy". The next he's snippy, bossy, antagonistic, demanding, defiant ... just plain FRUSTRATING!
          Yeah. Here too, except a different names. Except I can throw in the bipolar feelings I have: "OMG, He is sweet, mature and principled. I'm so lucky." This is quickly followed by, "OMG, he is so immature, impatient, lacks impulse control, and clearly couldn't give a rip about personal hygeine. What am I going to do?"

Err, I'm hoping this is normal? :huh:

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
            One minute he is sweet, thoughtful, and kind -- while still being all "boy". The next he's snippy, bossy, antagonistic, demanding, defiant ... just plain FRUSTRATING!
            Yeah. Here too, except a different names. Except I can throw in the bipolar feelings I have: "OMG, He is sweet, mature and principled. I'm so lucky." This is quickly followed by, "OMG, he is so immature, impatient, lacks impulse control, and clearly couldn't give a rip about personal hygeine. What am I going to do?"

Err, I'm hoping this is normal? :huh:

Kelly
            I have the same thoughts! Sometimes I sit back and glow with pride. "He's so thoughtful! He's so kind! He so smart!" Other times I want to curl up into a ball in the corner, like when my friend and I were tucking our 3 boys in to the aerobed, and he told me to "mind your own beeswax", which her 3.5 year old promptly repeated. The next day he had her kid saying the Museum of Science and Industry was going to be "Boooooooooriiiiiing!"

Laura - hijack away! Misery (I mean "I") loves company!

Comment

Working...
            X