Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Stop me before I sign up for something ELSE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop me before I sign up for something ELSE!

What WAS I thinking? This week I have to:

Bake 3 dozen treats for the teachers at Jacob's school (they do Treat Tuesdays once a month).

Bake pumpkin bread for the teachers at Quinn's school (I think for Thanksgiving break).

Volunteer in Jacob's classroom on Friday.

And while that is going on, I've got to get them to swimming practice 2 nights, their first swim meet 1 night, basketball practice 1 night, and have a friend come home from school with us one night. Oh - and feed and bathe them.

And next week, I have to bake 2 pies for "Pies Across America" at Jacob's school.

All this in the midst of my sneaky-chefing my way through life. DH is even digging it, so I don't want to stop.

I know it sounds like a "light week" to those of you with more than 2 kids ... but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed!

Re: Stop me before I sign up for something ELSE!

Sounds like a hectic week to me - ack!

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Heed my words, girlfriend. Turn back now!! It only gets worse!

Don't let it get out that you are "that mom" -- you know - the one that volunteers for stuff. Bad.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I hear you. On top of a project for Alex's teacher, we're getting ready to host 2 international exchange students for a week of thanksgiving vacation (and my dad and his wife are coming too)....Add that to our list of kid's homework, kung fu, voice lessons, piano lessons and dance class.

But...I wouldn't trade it for the world. Some day we'll be sitting around here bitchin' about how we have nothing to do.

Kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Yes, don't be "that" mom.

If I didn't like your tag under your username so much I would change it to iMSN Sneaky Chef.

Comment

i must say, my scones are AMAZING. :fans:

Comment

You're a cooking fiend lately. Way to go! Definitely don't let those other obligations get in the way of your sneaky cheffing.

It does sound like a lot on your plate though (no pun intended). Heed Angie's warning before it is too late. Will you be sneaking healthy food into all of these goodies you're cooking for others?

Comment

Originally posted by planet
                Will you be sneaking healthy food into all of these goodies you're cooking for others?
                Nahh. They're on their own. The purees are a PITA, I'm not wasting them on people other than my kids.

Comment

Well, I may have found a way to get myself removed from all of the ... invitations to help. :P If I just be myself, I'll probably scare a lot of those b!tches off! I spent some time in the Parent Workroom this morning (I'd only heard tell of it before, but it's serious stuff! A bunch of moms have name tags they wear so they don't have to get one of those nasty stickers everytime they come in to help!), and chatted up another mom that was there. I ended up talking about Pennies for Peace http://www.penniesforpeace.org and how I'd like to get the school to do it. The mom I was talking to was quite receptive (even asked me where I got my COEXIST bumper sticker) ... but the other two women in the workroom were just silent -- taking it all in, I'm sure. I could feel my ears burning as I drove away. I'm sure I was the topic of conversation. After I got home I even sent an email to the chair of the Service Club suggesting the fundraiser and offering to run it.

So - best case scenario is I get the school to do the fundraiser and managed to broaden their horizons a teeny-tiny bit, worst case scenario is I get bumped off of the "please help" list.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
                    ... but the other two women in the workroom were just silent --
                    They were probably afraid they'd be asked to help. Or they were put off by your Coexist bumper sticker...because that makes you *GASP* able to think for yourself.

We'd be a dangerous bunch if we all lived in the same city.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                      And just like that *snap* you're vortexed back to the girl's junior high locker room...only this time you get name tags (senility precautions).
                      I know! It's scary how "junior high" it is. In fact, a new friend I've made is from Spain, (the mom of the boy who's "skin matches Jacob"), and even though she's fluent (has a Masters in Linguistics and is a translator), she still couldn't come up with what to call "it". She was searching for the word "clique" and could only come up with "very high-school like".

I talked to her this afternoon (after the work room thing) and was repeating some of the conversation to her. I'd been speaking of the Pennies for Peace project, and how it would teach people that a better way to endear America to the population of Pakistan and Afghanistan would be to help them rather than drop bombs on them -- and Marta cut me off, shocked and said "Did you SAY that? Oh ... you bet they were talking about you after you left."

I think I've pretty much solidified my position as outcast of the Manchester Park PTO.

Comment

AAhhh the parent workroom.... Their own nametags? It ain't easy being cheesy!
                        Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
                          I think I've pretty much solidified my position as outcast of the Manchester Park PTO.
                          If you did, then it's their loss. Those women have a lot to learn from you, Jenn.

Their own nametags? Really?

Comment

Complete w/2 die cut machines, a press laminator, a roll laminator ... and a bunch of other crap. This school has so much (which I'm grateful for and is a large part of why we live here), but they're all about raising funds for MORE STUFF! Our teachers have crazy computerized gadgets (hand-held tablets that feed to projectors, etc.). I've already gotten an email back from the Service Club chair that tells me it isn't likely that they'd do Pennies for Peace.

Just frustrated.

Comment

How much do you want to bet they'd do pennies for puppies? They do it here to raise funds for local animal shelters.

Comment

Working...
                              X