Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Snow boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow boots?

There's no way around it...we'll need some for the kids this year. Anyone have favorite kinds/brands? Websites and store suggestions wanted too. They have to be functional and warm, though attractive is good too.
    (and hopefully not break the bank)
    Thanks!

Re: Snow boots?

I would just get the cheapest ones that look fairly warm/waterproof. I also look for ones that are easy to put on and fit easily with the snow pants.

I hate storing snow boots during the summer/spring...
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Since I have three girls that can pass these items down, I go for quality. I usually get Land's End boots. They are about $25 and come in lots of colors. They have some in their overstock section too.
      Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebe
        Since I have three girls that can pass these items down, I go for quality. I usually get Land's End boots. They are about $25 and come in lots of colors. They have some in their overstock section too.
        theirs are quite good.

Comment

i got a pair at goodwill for dd, a pair at a consignment shop for other dd...and for ds, i ended up getting them at target.

the girls are navy blue,(and they dont care..neither do i) and i got black for ds..so dd's can wear them next yr and the following.

check wal-mart. or goodwill. good luck!!
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
            Originally posted by Phoebe
            theirs are quite good.
            I like their boots too. I've gotten their boots three times. http://www.landsend.com/pp/SnowFlurryBo ... igin=index

I got a pair from Nordstroms for 25$ last year and they were nice too. Kamik Kids.

ETA: I figure they're boots, we have them in green and blue, and can be passed down regardless of gender.

Comment

Snow boots are outrageously expensive for kids' shoes. (Although apparently I'm one of the only one on this sites that purchases her kids' shoes at Kmart and hand-me-down places. Thanks for giving me issues about their arch support guys! ). Do buy a pair that you can pass down. They are too expensive for just one season.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I agree, the beauty of three girls is you can pass along those snowboots. We have some Kamik Kids ones that are really good. I think I would stop by the consignment shop a few times every week. I sometimes have good luck with that -- I just cruise the shoes and leave if I don't find what I want. And I make myself a note of shoe size because I always forget.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Sears has some great sales so I may drop by a few times and see if I can find the Land's End boots on sale. We will get multiple uses with the three boys. Ds2 has last year's boots from ds1.

I have seen the Kamik ones around, but they are pricier. I'll keep looking around. I'll also definitely look into the consignment shops. I have taken things in and have some credit at one even.

Comment

I got DS's at Target. They have a fairly large selection. Haven't gotten the girls' yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X