Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The empathetic one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The empathetic one

Aw. ds1 was finishing dinner when he remarked, "Mama, nobody got you any gifts." He told me that wasn't a good idea. He's downstairs making me a surprise sculpture right now and I'm not allowed to peek. It's true though...I always ask for things for dh and the kids. I can't wait to see the artistry of an almost 5 year old. He seeme to know exactly what he's going to make.

Re: The empathetic one

And it is...the solar system. But just Mercury tonight since after that he was tired and ready for bed.

Comment

What a sweetheart.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

What a sweetie pie!!!!
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Oh, how sweet!

I hope your dh heard what your ds said. I can't believe he got his mother a trunk full of gifts and couldn't manage a chocolate bar for you. I am pissed on your behalf. I know he has gotten away with it for several years now, but maybe when you are in your counseling session, you could mention this thoughtlessness. It is not to late for him to change and to start treating you like the goddess wife you are.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Oh No, Heidi...dh didn't get gifts for MIL...SHE got a car full of gifts for US. That's part of the gift issue. MIL goes overboard and dh hates gift exchanges as a result.

Having breakfast and ds is excited about making another planet today. He's on a roll.

Comment

Originally posted by planet
              Oh No, Heidi...dh didn't get gifts for MIL...SHE got a car full of gifts for US. That's part of the gift issue. MIL goes overboard and dh hates gift exchanges as a result.

Having breakfast and ds is excited about making another planet today. He's on a roll.
              Oh, I see, with the money you're supporting her with. How thoughtful. I still maintain your dh owes you. Your son is a gem!
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Yup. Now you get the point.

Comment

That is so sweet!

Comment

What a love.

Comment

That's is too cute!
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

That is SO sweet!

Comment

Working...
                        X