Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

School's OUT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School's OUT!

Holy Cow - that happened fast. We've got one more useless 1/2 day tomorrow, and then we're done.

I'm really irritated with the school, though. NO communication on what '1/2 day' means as far as timing. I checked the website - nothing. My friend called and was told 11:40. I was walking up there - just across the street at 11:38, and there were kids who were already almost home. Fortunately my friend was there - although kids were also already out as she was walking up - so Jacob walked with her until he saw me.

Re: School's OUT!

Wow that seems so early - is it really already late May?
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Wow- we didn't get out until the 3rd week of June.

Jenn

Comment

Yay, Jenn! I'm feeling it with you!

Andrew has his last day tomorrow (also a half day and I also have to check and see when to get him!) and Amanda and Alex just have another week. I'm so happy that the year is finally winding down! I'm celebrating for you!!!!! Summer is officially here for you, my friend!

Kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

That did go fast! We've got 3 more weeks. I think. I better go look at the calendar.

I can't believe they didn't communicate the release time better. WTH?

Comment

I know. I guess I'll just park myself there tomorrow after my hair appointment so as not to be late.

Comment

We're out tomorrow! What grade is everyone finishing up?

Here: Second grade and three year old preschool.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

J's school gets out on the 29th and he'll be finishing up 1st grade.

Comment

Those are two big ones, Tara! Both of the oldest moving to a new school?

We are graduating 3 yo preschool to pre-K next year and 2nd grade. I can't believe I am going to have a third grader!

Comment

i can't believe i am going to have a kindergartner. SO.NOT.READY.
                    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

We're finishing up 3yo pre-school and moving onto 4 yo preschool. and I'm obsessing pretty regularly about whether to pull him and start him at the public school for kindergarten or keep him at crunchy school.

Jenn

Comment

Today's the last day for our kids.

How sad is it that I'm torn between being most excited to be able to sleep in or that I'll finally have some help packing?

Yes, I'm going to Mommy Hell... :run:

Comment

Four more days for my kiddos.....and one has strep throat and has missed the past two days (looks like he will miss tomorrow as well).

They are finishing 7th, 4th, and kindergarten. Next year will be my first year with all three in school all day, and my last year of all three in the *same* school all day.

We are beyond ready to be done.

Sally
                          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Jacob finished 1st grade, Quinn finished preschool. Next year they'll both be at the same school - but Quinn will only be 1/2 days. HOPEFULLY he'll get mornings .... fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
                              We had 5th grade and 8th grade promotions today. Tomorrow is the last day!!!

I realize I'm being a huge party pooper here but seriously, does 8th grade promotion have to resemble a high school graduation? I mean seriously, they will be starting the 9th grade in three short months.
                              Last year the 5th grade "promotion ceremony" resembled HS graduation. I'm such a party pooper that when Kate got through with the "proceedings" I:

1) didn't have roses for her like most of the other moms
                              2) told her it was just morning and she had to go back to class because she'd missed too much school and we weren't taking her out for a celebratory lunch
                              3) reminded her that this wasn't really a big deal-- she's still expected to make it through middle, high, and college graduations.

I just didn't catch the spirit of the whole thing, I guess.

Anyway, we have 3 weeks to go, and we'll be leaving behind:

6th grade (good riddance)
                              1st grade (sob sob sob)
                              and 3 yo preschool (super sob-- the last day there was on Friday and it was so cute. And Luke ate an entire cup of fruit salad with mixed fruit touching each other! Who knew he could do that!!!? )
                              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                              X