Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

nuclear meltdown day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wrong. Not all end of year parties are mellow. I talked to a kinder parent from last year. Their party was a luau theme and went totally over the top. At one point, there was a plan for grilling. Hmmm...how do we make a party for 75 wound up kinders more exciting...I know! Fire!

Sounds like this year will be different.
    Last edited by cupcake; 06-09-2009, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I love the idea of a clap-out! THAT would be simple and fun...

We have 5th grade graduation, which all of us totally rolled our eyes at. Kate asked me why I didn't give her some roses like some of the other girls got- as gifts from their parents. She was kidding... We're too cynical in our house to think 5th grade grad is worth the sweltering hot ceremony we sat through...

They don't have 8th grade grad around here, which is odd since 5th grade ceremonies are common. They do have an 8th grade formal dance.

Yes, the girls actually buy formal dresses. And many of them have *dates*...

Such a moronic idea, that one.

We have rec league thru 8th grade and beyond--- but I can see a dwindling in the interest. There have been 2 forfeits this season in Kate's rec league for soccer- because opposing team didn't have enough girls.

Right now with swim season starting I'm getting shocked yet again by how serious the parents are--- we practice every day for 1 hour, which I think is A LOT for 6, 7, and 8 year olds, but they are in there and parents have stopwatches to check their times.

*Sigh*

My kids endure practice so that they can jump in the pool at the end off the big diving board.
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I just came from Field Day. Every one of our schools have it now - except high school. (They do an exam schedule and get the hell out! Smart kids!) The last few days of school are so lame; the school has scheduled a big activity morning with lots of silly running around followed by a BYO bag lunch picnic and end of the year "awards" and talent show. Wowza. The kids were good at my station on the football field but by the end of the activities they were getting tired. I suppose it is better than having them sit in a classroom all day driving everyone batty.

My daughter said she just wished they'd let them go home for the summero on Friday instead of dragging out the end of the year with lots of busy time. Me too!!! DS (middle school) has his last exam today. Tomorrow there will be something fun for their last day, I think. I've been asked to fill water balloons. That can only be good, right?
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
        X