Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The school countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The school countdown

Where are you guys at with the countdown? Zoe starts preschool on the 25th and Aidan starts a few days later. Andrew goes back that week too. Amanda and Alex don't start until Sept. 7th.

Boohoo. What happened to summer?

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

We're under 2 weeks. 1/2 day on the 13th for both boys. I feel like we're FINALLY getting to a good place with behavior, and now we'll have school to muck it up!!

Comment

We have meet the teacher this Thur. evening. DS1 & DD2 will be @ the same school this year. He will be in 1st grade and she will start kindergarten. I was going to send DD2 to the Islamic Montessori this year but instead decided to hold off. She would have gone solo and since she's 3 I decided to wait and send her next year. She & DS2 will have plenty of social play and exercise @ the Y. I plan on attending classes & working out M-F 9:00 to 11:00.
      Z & I feel like we didn't give them much of a summer ...I agree it really flew by!
      Last edited by Momo; 08-04-2009, 07:16 PM.

Comment

* la la la la*

I might have to take my fingers out of my ears to buy school supplies tomorrow, just to get it out of the way. The kids start school after labor day with the kinder class starting 2 days later than everyone else. I think the preschool starts the week before but I'm guessing we might be on a late start for that. Those non-compliant parents of the third child...

Comment

Dd starts her Sophomore () year on Friday and the other kiddos start on the 13th. I'm bummed and sooo not ready for school to start.
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

YES, oh glory be.

The kindergarten smackdown is about to begin. August 24th. I have the supplies list and have to go get the uniforms (mom wants to come w/ but I'm afraid that stuff will be gone so I'll do a prelim before they get here on the 19th)

I Can't Wait!!!!!

Jenn

Comment

Next Tuesday! Crazy, huh? DD#2 is starting kindergarten. I am a little freaked out and a little giddy at the same time. She is going all day, every day.
              Needs

Comment

I can't wait for school to start! J starts on the 17th, with the first two days being half days. Fall baseball starts around that time too. A starts pre-k on Sept 8th. She'll also be taking ballet again too on one of the days she doesn't have school (Mon or Fri). I am considering doing a kindermusik class with Eó one of the days that A is in school. We find out J's class assignment this Thursday. He's anxious to find out if he and his little pal are in the same class again. I have a feeling they might not be, his 2nd grade teacher mentioned forgetting that they have been in the same classes for the past 2 years when she was working on next year's class assignments. Oh well, we'll see. I still need to buy school supplies. I have to get J a recorder for music class this year. We're going to start school bedtimes next week. J's been reading an hour a day (doing book reports when he finishes a book) and doing 10 mins of multiplication facts for the entire month of July. Hopefully he'll be ready for school.
                Last edited by madeintaiwan; 08-04-2009, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Wow, you guys start really early! Schools around here (including DS#1's preschool) don't start until after Labor Day.
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

We are back the same week you start, Kris. (August 25th) I don't know how I'm going to get the kids back on schedule. I used to be so good about that stuff -- but now, not so much. We are leaving today on vacation and we will be back on the 16th. Then, we have one more week of summer. I've already bought school supplies and clothes that actually fit them. They have both done their summer reading and summer assignments. I've even teed up all my volunteer gigs for next year. Still...... WAAAAAAAA!

We are going to the UK today....so that won't help the schedule at all!! I'll have the only jet lagged children in the building. I'm just bracing myself for that 6 AM daily alarm. I don't mind school so much....but the fast paced schedule can be exhausting if the kids aren't up to it. I'm hoping to slow our life down this year. (Let's see if I can.)
                    Angie
                    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Wow. We don't start until Sept. 10th here this year. I think they added some more professional days for the teachers. The only thing I have left to get is DD2s uniform which I'm going to order online today. Summer has flashed before my eyes.
                      -Ladybug

Comment

DS starts on the 20th. Whooo Hoooo - Tomorrow we are off to my parents for the last time this summer. It seems so weird to start before Labor Day - guess this means that we are no longer living in a state ruled by tourism.
                        Kris

Comment

Not that this applies to me, but our local school district starts TOMORROW! I was really surprised to see that. It's several weeks earlier than the other districts in the area, and they don't get out particularly early, either.
                          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild View Post
                            Not that this applies to me, but our local school district starts TOMORROW! I was really surprised to see that. It's several weeks earlier than the other districts in the area, and they don't get out particularly early, either.
                            Wow. We got out 5/22, so I don't feel like 8/13 is too eary. Plus we get almost 3 weeks at Christmas, a 5 day break in Oct. and another in February.

Comment

Teachers' first day is the 10th, and students' first day is the 11th. I am taking Luke to register for HIGH SCHOOL (gulp) this afternoon, and he has freshman registration on Thursday morning. I feel like this is too early to start....the kids' last day was May 27. We will have Labor Day off, two days in October, and one day off at the end of first trimester (well, the kids will be off....I won't) in early November, then two weeks at Christmas.

I would love to either go later in the spring and then start after Labor Day or switch to a year-round schedule, but I don't see either one happening here any time soon.
                              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                              X