Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Kindergarten computer game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindergarten computer game

Iz and Steven have interactive computer games. There's not much out there for kids in the 5 yo age--- except maybe Webkins? Or ClubPenguin?

Do you have any advice about a fun computer game that has an *interactive* element to it that would be ok for Kindergarten age?

Luke doesn't read yet, but he will be able to by the end of K, anyway. (Or else I suppose he'll redo K!!)

Any suggestions?

And when I say *interactive*, I don't mean chatting with strangers or anything. Just something where you *unlock* special games on the internet, but it has some type of a non-internet game feature too. It may be standard in computer games these days. I really don't know.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Peggy - we did (and still do) sites like nickjr.com, pbskids.com, playhousedisney.com. Here DS could play away and not get bombarded with inappropriate ads. A lot of the games did not require reading and were fairly intuitive.
    Kris

Comment

We tried all the spongebob games, it just seems like the games only last a couple of minutes then we have to help with with it...
      Peggy

Comment

try pbs, their games are aimed at the non-reader.
        Kris

Comment

Also starfall.com. My 3.5 yr old ( nonreader) is getting the hang of the ones Kris mentioned as well.
          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

The Dr. Suess games are fabulous. There's Cat in the Hat, ABCs, and Green Eggs and Ham. They're amazingly interactive and fun for everyone because there's always something to discover.

The dude finally started getting bored w/ them over the summer because he literally played them for two years straight.

He likes pbskids and there's a Spanish program they use at school that he reports is pretty fun.

jenn

Comment

We really like the PBS ones especially "Super Why," and "Martha Speaks."

"Dinosaur Train" is a recent hit with my Pre-K boy.
              Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

We are huge Super Why fans here. Also, my son likes a game called "Dinosaur Chess." It's about $20, I think. It's certainly NOT high tech...at all. It's kind of a step-above Pac-Man level graphics. But he seems to really like it.

Comment

Thanks! He needs something more on level with him-- he's constantly trying to keep up with big brother, and it's just not working out!!!
                  Peggy

Comment

Hey Peggy, the elementary school our girls go to has a page on their website dedicated specifically to websites for kids and even better has them broken down by grade level. There's also sub catagories for things like Math, Science, Social Studies, and Language Art. You may want to check if the school your kids go to has something similar. If not, here's a link:

http://7-bar.aps.edu/Links/kinderlinks.html
                    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Thanks! I'll check it out!
                      Peggy

Comment

definitely the PBSkids.org stuff... my 4 and 8 year olds do it together sometimes, like one thing where you click and drag animals and props to fill up a scene and then you can print it or make a book, stuff like that. Much of it needs no reading...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPhDWife View Post
                          Hey Peggy, the elementary school our girls go to has a page on their website dedicated specifically to websites for kids and even better has them broken down by grade level. There's also sub catagories for things like Math, Science, Social Studies, and Language Art. You may want to check if the school your kids go to has something similar. If not, here's a link:

http://7-bar.aps.edu/Links/kinderlinks.html
                          What an amazing resource! Thanks for posting this!

We got some fun Christmas sites through our school:
                          northpole.com
                          childfun.com
                          noradsanta.org
                          -Ladybug

Comment

Working...
                          X