Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gift suggestions for 6/7 yo boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift suggestions for 6/7 yo boy?

Anyone out there with a 6/7 yo boy and want to share with me some Christmas gift ideas? I need to find something for my nephew, but I'm completely stumped... I find it so hard to buy for kids who are older than mine!
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

What does he like to do? What is your price point? What are his parents getting him for Christmas? I like to do gifts that supplement. For example, my nieces and nephews are getting ipod Touches and netbooks. I am getting them cases to carry the netbooks and mice for my niece and nephew and then a ipod clock radio dock for my other nephew. Ryan is getting an XBox 360. His aunt and uncle are getting him Halo ODST.

There's always Lego, sporting equipment, remote control cars, scooters, personalized things are fun. Lots of kids are into Guitar Hero and Rock Band. If he is into either of these there are t-shirts that they sell that kids think are cool. Also, a CD of Guitar Hero Music or ITunes gift card. A cheap MP3 player preloaded with some stuff?

http://www.gifts.com/finder

This may give you some ideas.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I was going to recommend legos and video games.
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

For my 7 year old (and this has been true since his older brother was 5 and him 4 and stayed consistent all the way thru), Star Wars has always been a safe bet. Lightsaber, lego star wars kits, figures, ships ... Star Wars reigns supreme here. This year they've also become obsessed with Pokeman (heavy sigh). Both boys are really into space in general, so I tend to go with solar system / rocket ship stuff. They also really enjoy "spy gear". Oddly enough, Restoration Hardware has a spy set that has 2 of everything -- I'm probably going to get it for them for Christmas.

Comment

Yep- dude is nearly six so I'm tending to the 6YO side of gifts. My mom got him the big old bucket of legos- 250 pcs. at Target. He asked for an alarm clock and a watch (I guess he's tired of me waking him up.) If you live near a Hess gas station, the annual Hess trucks are always super cool.

(last years was a snow plow and a truck to carry it)

Jenn

Comment

If you want to get something different, the back of Michaels craft store always has a section of model rockets. If his parents are helpful, it can be a real blast to put one together and shoot it off. (Pun intended!)

Playmobil and Legos were popular in this house when my son was 6-7.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

C just turned 7 and we are all about Legos, Star Wars and Transformers.
              Kris

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
                For my 7 year old (and this has been true since his older brother was 5 and him 4 and stayed consistent all the way thru), Star Wars has always been a safe bet. Lightsaber, lego star wars kits, figures, ships ....

Exactly what I was thinking. Luke (5 yo) has 3 lightsabers, and he wants more. He's bought all of them with his own money, and he insists on buying them for friend's birthday gifts. (I always tell the parents ahead of time and give a gift receipt b/c some people don't want their kids playing with light-sabers at this age...)

There are also the *galactic heroes* Star Wars figures which works really well for this age group. They are simple and cheap action figures.
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Thanks for all the great suggestions, everyone! I ended up getting him a Transformers walkie-talkie set and one of the Transformers action figures (Bumblebee?). Hopefully he'll like them!
                  ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                  -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Legos are a classic. Transformers are popular in the past couple of years too!

Comment

Hi, Evane! Why don't you introduce yourself in the introductions forum?
                      Sandy
                      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Working...
                      X