Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Speech therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speech therapy

I am so excited. Finally, more than a year after Caleb's stroke, we got a recommendation for speech therapy! He starts twice weekly appointments tomorrow!

His rate and cadence are slower than normal and when he is at all tired, he has significant difficulty with word retreival. He will know what he wants to say, but cannot find the words to express himself. My loquacious little boy will hopefully be closer to himself again.

Right now his difficulties aren't hindering him greatly, but I worry about what will happen as he gets older and school becomes more challenging!
    Kris

Yay!!!
    -Ladybug

Comment

Yay!
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

That is good news!

Comment

Excellent news!

Comment

Great news! Let us know how it goes.
            Cristina
            IM PGY-2

Comment

Good news!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Great news! I hope it goes well.
                Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Awesome news. Let us know how he does.

Jenn

Comment

Re: Speech therapy

That is great! Speech therapists can do such great things. I can't wait to hear about his progress!! Yay for you both!

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

That is wonderful. Early intervention is so key. Oliver is 18 months old, and he has had his hearing aids since he was four months old. He has also been seen by a speech/hearing teacher weekly. Because of the early intervention, he is amazing. His vocabuary is more advanced than the other children in his daycare group (all with normal hearing) I'm sure because of the early intervention. I never knew I would be so happy and grateful for the Americans with Disabilities Act.
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Terrific!! Hope is so smashingly well!

Comment

That is wonderful!
                          Jen
                          Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

He had his first appt this morning and loved it. I could see immediately that it had fatigued him mentally because he was speaking very slowly. It still breaks my heart to see that.
                            Kris

Comment

Think of it more as he's rerouting those synapses! (kids like yours are why my husband went into Child Neurology- there are more positive outcomes from scary things)

jenn

Comment

Working...
                              X