Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

pokemon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pokemon

Is huge out here. Huge. Way bigger than Legos. Any recs on where you can get these cards for cheap? They are soooooo expensive.

Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Wow, I thought Pokemon had run it's course. It was huge with our 16 year olds age group. I would try ebay, I bet you can get an entire lot from someone who's children have grown.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

My only suggestion is eBay. My son was briefly into Yu-Gi-Oh cards, but luckily it didn't last long. Now he's into $50 xbox games. Well, this week he isn't We have the family timer set up on his xbox for 2 hours of time per day, which I think is MORE than a reasonable amount of time for a kid to be on a video game console. He figured out the password and added time on his own behind my back, which I figured out, which was bad news for him because now he gets no time on it for at least this week.

Anyway, got off on my tangent there. Sorry that I don't have another suggestion for you. Craigslist? Thrift stores?
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Our limit during the week is 40 minutes on the Wii... But then they sit there and watch each other play so effectively they're watching the Wii or playing for 2 hrs...

And I don't know why Pokemon is such a big deal. But everyone is into it. Absolutely everyone in the entire elementary school. It's crazy. It's even getting into the Kindergarten set thru older siblings.
        Peggy

Comment

My boys love it (although thankfully they've been distracted by the nice weather and the handy jam-packed evenings of activities I resorted to over the past couple of months). How pricey is pricey? I usually buy them a $5 pack here or there, and they think I walk on water for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
            Absolutely everyone in the entire elementary school. It's crazy. It's even getting into the Kindergarten set thru older siblings.
            This is how it was when our oldest was in kindergarten. The good thing about that was a lot of kids learned to read by using Pokemon cards.
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Our Pokemon cards are about $5 a pack, too. But it seems like a lot for what you get-- 10 cards I think? Steven spends hours studying his cards, though. There was a sale at ToysRUs around Easter for buy one get one half or free, I can't remember. I stocked up on some for him for the Easter basket (I was feeling guilty bc usually we go home to Washington and my mom puts on a huge easter egg hunt with money in most of the eggs-- granted they usually only collect about 5 dollars each, but still, it's money...)... Anyway, you would've thought I just told him he could play the Wii for 2 days straight. He was so excited.

Anyway, Steven spent about $30 of his allowance money on Pokemon stuff (cards, albums, a magazine) the other day... Maybe if he stuck to cards only it wouldn't seem so outrageous, but all the other junk too...
              Peggy

Comment

Working...
              X