Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gaming suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming suggestions

I'm caving in and buying a DSi for DS1 (age 7). What are the "must have" games?
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

Mario Kart. You're getting a DSi not a 3DS, right? Since it's new for him, the standard MK will be fine, but the newest version of MK will only work on the 3DS. My boys are into the Pokemon games, too, but if your guy isn't there yet, I'd avoid them. They love Sonic Rush, Jacob recommends Super Hero Squad. Drawn to Life, Scribblenauts ...oh and they LOVE Kirby. There are the LEGO Star Wars & Harry Potters -- they're really fun (on the Wii, too). If he's into those movies at all, I wholeheartedly suggest them.

Comment

Our kids love:

- All Lego-related games; Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Batman, etc.

- Spyro

- Super Mario Galaxy

Comment

Animal crossing is a HUGE favorite around here. The four oldest still will all play together from time to time and go over to each others "towns". It's great fun, there is also a Wii version.
        Nintendogs is also popular around here. The voice recognition during training can be frustrating initially.
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Sims is popular, too.

Comment

Dude likes Tetris and Bejeweled... But I think that probably isn't the norm.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
            Kris

Comment

Mine doesn't play his ds much anymore, but at the height of playing he liked the pokemon games too.

Also, sonic chronicle: the dark brotherhood. I actually played and beat that one too, I liked it.

He also liked the battle of giants: dragons and dinosaurs.

Lego battles and Lord of the rings: conquest

Comment

anything Mario.
                The I spy games are a lot of fun.

Comment

All three of my boys enjoyed the Mario stuff, and still do, although the older two (16 and 13) would never admit it.
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Brain age....

Oh, I think you meant suggestions for the kids.
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Oh, my word. I have no idea what on earth you guys are talking about! What's a DSi?! I am really interested--DS is seven, too!

Comment

Nevermind! I just googled it! It's a Nintindo! Thanks! Yeah, DS would love that.

Comment

The Lego games are a big hit with the kids I volunteer with, and great for a range of ages. You also have to love Mario!

Comment

My 7 year old DD absolutely loves New Super Mario Bros for both the Wii and DS. Ah, who am I kidding, so do I! I've beat them both. I second the Mario Kart suggesstion as well.

I haven't gotten it yet for the DS but what about Plants VS Zombies? The kids had a ton of fun with the computer version.
                            Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Thanks for all your suggestions. We've got a Game Exchange close by - I'm going to see if they have any of these.
                              Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                              Let's go Mets!

Comment

Working...
                              X