Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

5-day clothing organizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-day clothing organizer

A brilliant, more seasoned mother stopped by to chat with me this morning. I mentioned having to get all four kids dressed and ready next year. She suggested a 5-day clothing organizer that you can set up during the weekend laundry parade and then kids can grab their clothes each morning. No more remembering to lay them out the night before, which I ALWAYS forget. I found this one linked below. Does anyone else have any that they would recommend...since I'm investing in four? *gulp*

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...zmap=20982WHIT
    -Ladybug

That is such a good idea!

Comment

I read some of the reviews and little ones (5 yo) can't reach the top. I some small steps I'll have to put near the closet. I found some less expensive ones, but then they charge 10 for shipping. Same difference.
      -Ladybug

Comment

Here's one for $12. It's five shelves w/o the days of the week. I can live with that.

http://www.dormco.com/5_Shelf_Hangin...o-36360100.htm
        -Ladybug

Comment

Have you checked your local stores, like Target or Wal-Mart? I think they usually sell these in their closet organization sections and you won't have to pay shipping.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

OK. I'll add it to my target list. Lord knows you have to twist my arm to get me to go to Target. I'm sure I'll leave with at least 45 others things. That may cost more than shipping in the end. LOL.
            -Ladybug

Comment

I have tried those with little success. The drawers were difficult for me to deal with, and the organizers lost shape after a while. We just never really used them and the kids ended up stuffing toys in there.

For me I set out outfits in a drawer for the week ahead. My dd3 is the only one I have to organize, but I put about 7 outfits in there per week and she can choose 1. This way all her clothes get worn eventually but she still feels independent and it's easy. She can get her own underwear, pick her outfit, etc all without me helping. Before she would get into her drawers and pull out 5 shirts and 5 pants and 5 dresses lol. What a mess. This works for us for now... Maybe the organizer works for some ppl but it just never did for us.
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I've read about the sagging in a lot of reviews. Maybe I can just put dividers into their drawers. I need more drawer space. It's becoming a critical issue.
                -Ladybug

Comment

What about getting the sweater hanger things that you can find at any department store. They typically have 7 or so compartments and you would only need to use the bottom 5. They are narrower and would take up less room in the closet.
                  Kris

Comment

I use the clothes separators that get hung in the closet (for babies they separate size, and I relabeled them with days of the week).
                    -Deb
                    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

We have those for our girls, but after the first year or so they stopped using them. Like Peggy said the girls ended up shoving shoes or clothes they changed their minds about in them. I threw Bella's out because she once put a chocolate candy in there that later melted. We ordered them from Avon if I recall correctly. Here's a pic:

The bottom section says "Weekend" in case you can't see that in the photo.
                      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

You can use Cheap book ends on shelves or in drawers to divide stacks of things, I actually use them in my linen closet on the shelves.
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We have a new Container Store and I bought a couple drawer separators that have worked out very well for maximizing space for my two girls sharing a bedroom. I know a couple people who have used those hanging containers for weekly outfits. They wouldn't work for my girls or even picking clothes out the night before because they always change their minds.
                          Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                            You can use Cheap book ends on shelves or in drawers to divide stacks of things, I actually use them in my linen closet on the shelves.
                            Thanks!

They have uniforms so there isn't a lot that goes into the outfit, but I feel like I'm constantly scrambling to find a pair of leggings or matching socks. It would be helpful to put the whole uniform together for five days. I'll need purchase more shirts, leggings, etc to lay out five days.

I'm already sweating next year. It's going to be brutal in the mornings.
                            -Ladybug

Comment

I used to pack my clothes into big zip lock bags over the weekend so that I could throw them in my gym bag every night. (this works better with workout clothes than it does with a button down shirt!). It's really cheap and you could just do that to try it out.

Growing up we wore uniforms too - we mostly kept uniforms in the guest room. So there was just a drawer full of uniform socks, one full of sweater etc. it worked fine in the mornings (at least that I remember!), but I think my mom liked more because she didn't have to worry about whether one shirt was mine or one if the other girls... So I guess it streamlined the laundry process.

Comment

Working...
                              X