Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My baby turns 5 this month!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My baby turns 5 this month!

First: I need another baby. Thankfully, ST has been letting me borrow hers a few days a week. Whew.

Second: DH wants to have the boy reading before we start Kindergartening him this fall. Reader Rabbit and Jumpstart games have been ordered and should arrive today. If he doesn't like those, anyone have other recommendations? He does not sit still for us to read to him for long. He learned his ABCs from LeapFrog videos.

Third: Will he start wearing clothes now? I swear he's in his underwear every time ST drops off or picks up N. She must think the kid has like 2 outfits. LOL
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Bob books?

And nah I just think he's a 5 year old. My little brothers ran around in their whitey tighties for years.
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Awww, happy birthday big boy!!! Hey, I would embrace the lack of clothes as it cuts down on laundry.

Just curious, why the push to have him read before Kindergarten? We could have pushed all we want but our kiddos just did not get reading until first grade. Some let us read book after book to them and others had no interest.

Oh, yes, you do need another baby
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
        Just curious, why the push to have him read before Kindergarten? We could have pushed all we want but our kiddos just did not get reading until first grade. Some let us read book after book to them and others had no interest.

Oh, yes, you do need another baby
        He absorbs whatever he learns. Give him the sheet that comes with Thomas train sets and he can name every train on that sheet. He sings the theme song to shows we watch. I think DH feels like we should use this time when he is absorbing everything to teach him to read. I think he may also feel we've lagged behind on the boy because both girls learned to read in preschool at age 4. DH wasn't reading until 1st grade and didn't read well until word problems in math class came on his radar. LOL I was an early reader (mom learned English by reading the paper out loud and I just looked over her shoulder and learned).

As for the baby, once I get enough weight off -- I want a healthy pregnancy!
        Veronica

Comment

What, all guys don't run around in their underwear? Hmmmm, three do in this house.

We're probably just the hillbillies of the neighborhood though.

Yes, go get yourself knocked up RIGHT NOW! Do you hear me? We can live vicariously through you.
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Aww, happy birthday month, K! So glad you have N to tide you over, but even I'm excited about you having another baby! I know you've been ready for a long time!
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

My 8 yr old wears boxers all day, so I can't offer hope there. House elf rec'd starfall.com years ago and my 5 yr old taught herself to read from that. And happy birthday, K!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BonBon View Post
                My 8 yr old wears boxers all day, so I can't offer hope there. House elf rec'd starfall.com years ago and my 5 yr old taught herself to read from that. And happy birthday, K!!!
                Thanks! I'm in party planning mode -- searching for a bounce house rental for his party on the 17th (more friends can make it on the 17th than the 18th so we're partying a day early).
                Veronica

Comment

Working...
                X