Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Clothing name labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll want to label everything you send to school with her. No exaggeration.

J.

Comment

I think I'm going with name bubbles, because they have a preschool pack with different kinds of labels for different surfaces. There's a college pack as well. I think I would die if my mom had labeled all my stuff when I went to college. Holy crap, helicopter mom much?!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Mabel's has a variety package that is made for various types of surfaces. However, I've found that the small labels work for every surface I've tried. I don't label the kids' change of clothes because I don't care about those. But I label shoes, back packs, jackets, hats, mittens, blankets, pillows, bottles, and tooth brushes. I also labeled their swimsuits too since they have "splash days" from time to time.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, I've been meaning to get some of these for both of the kids - can't believe its time to start thinking about back to school!

ETA: Hmm...I wonder if I should use last name for R? For A I'm using first name/last initial but even if I do that for R there could still be another one of him...
          Last edited by SuzySunshine; 07-26-2012, 04:53 PM.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I think I'm also getting the Name Bubbles school package. I like how I can add our phone number for some of them. I just use our last name since it's unusual. I don't like having my kid's first names available.
            Last edited by Chrisada; 07-26-2012, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
              I think I'm going with name bubbles, because they have a preschool pack with different kinds of labels for different surfaces. There's a college pack as well. I think I would die if my mom had labeled all my stuff when I went to college. Holy crap, helicopter mom much?!
              Umm, DH still has slacks that his mommy labeled!!!

Comment

I just use a fabric marker and write our last name on the fabric right above where the tag is. I'm not a fan of any clothing that displays their name.....and I do the last name since we hand stuff down to the next kiddo.
                Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I think I must suffer from severe maternal fatigue. I got their names embroidered on their backpacks, and that's it. I can't even fathom putting their names on everything else! *lazy*

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
                    Thank you everyone. How much of dd's stuff do I need to label.

Please keep in mind that both dh and I are firstborns, and we have a tendency to be unable to share, and have definite HANDS OFF MY SHIT tendencies.
                    I'm a middle and I have hands off tendencies too!

I've always found that the schools send home paperwork saying that *everything* must be labeled.....but the teachers don't really care/need it to be. At our first school (daycare) our dd was our first in a room full of siblings. All of her stuff was labeled w our last name and no one else's was. And the teachers never got anything confused.

We didn't label anything at DD's preschool last year (except the bag of extra clothes that got thrown in a big box with everyone else's) and no one else did either. If a spare hat or mitten or something was found on the floor, the teacher would ask "who does this belong to?" and the appropriate kid would claim it. And the classmates could name the owner as well. Our school was a co-op so I was in the room frequently and observed.
                    Last edited by samssugarmomma; 07-26-2012, 06:02 PM. Reason: correct tense
                    Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Thanks for your input! This one is for you, Kris: IF the fertility gods decide to give me a second child, for all of dd's clothes that could be hand-me-downs, I should get neutral-colored labels printed with just the last name, right?

Now I'm just messing with you.
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Oh, I label nothing now. I figure if something goes missing, it's on the kid at this point. Preschool was at crunchy school and they were surprisingly uptight about it all.

J

Comment

S has tons of hand me downs and the labels crack me up, all sorts of names are on them, crossed out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
                          Kris

Comment

You probably won't label that many hand-me-down clothes - just coats and shoes. Get the labels in a neutral color with just your last name anyway. DrK and I use the lables ourselves sometimes (in our own coats and bags, for instance). We'd probably feel silly doing that if they had dinosaurs on them.
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                            X