Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Friends

So A's school is part of our church which I think will be a large part o our friend base here. I have already changes her dance class so she could take it at the same time as the other girls in her class. They all go long day on Wednesday and she goes Monday and Friday. Now I find out they all take gymnastics together at the same time she does but at a different gym, I won't switch them until R turns 3 because he can take class now at this gym at 2 but I'm wondering if I should change them so that SE can make friends with these girls. More then likely they'll all go to elementary school together too...
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Gosh. I don't know. Seems kind of cliquey if you ask me. I think some activities with the other kids in her class would be good but I think you will be doing her a big favor if she hangs with other kids too and has separate activities.
    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by ides View Post
      Gosh. I don't know. Seems kind of cliquey if you ask me. I think some activities with the other kids in her class would be good but I think you will be doing her a big favor if she hangs with other kids too and has separate activities.
      I was thinking the same thing, but I'm kind of anti-social, so take my opinion with a healthy dash of salt.

Comment

I have to agree that there is no need to make it so that she only spends time with one group of friends. Giving her the opportunity to meet new people is good too. What happens if she doesn't get on well with this group and she spends ALL of her time with them, at school, at church, gymnastics and dance?
        Kris

Comment

Ummm, that's a lot of schedule rearranging for girls you don't really know or know if you want your daughter to hang out with. I am going to recommend that you don't do any more rearranging of schedules in an effort to have A "make friends". If these girls do everything together my guess is that the moms are cliquey too. The call each other to make sure everyone is wearing similar clothes type cliquey. This has been my experience anyway. I recommend you schedule classes for times that work best for your family and attend dance studios/gyms that have a faculty whose philosophy matches yours. A will forge her own way and make friends whose personalities fit best with hers. It will be healthy for her to be friends with a variety kids, not just ones in her class/school.
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I don't feel like the girls are cliquey already, they did all have the same class last year so they know each other well and the moms have been super helpful in trying to get the girls to include A. I think you're right about the gymnastics class, I'm not changing her school schedule b/c the Wednesday afternoon is full but I will if a spot opens up because she already goes full day Monday/Friday and likes it.

Thanks, maybe I just needed to write it out to see that it was a lot of changing. Or course I haven't made any friends yet so it would be nice if playdates turned into mom friends too but I guess we'll see...
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
            X