Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

school mojo needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• school mojo needed

I've started and deleted this thread 3 times. Please if you can send me some mojo this week as I start to deal with DD's new school. I think they want her put in a classroom for very low functioning children. I know she needs to be in the regular classroom setting. Today when we went to see our new pedi, I was hoping to get some support form her but the lady was a space cadet. Worst pedi I've ever interacted with. I was warned its hard to find a good one here, but come on lady. You sucked and made me wait 1.5 hours for 5 mins and a half assed exam. She gave me what I needed, but totally phoned it in.

What I need from you guys is... if they don't provide what she needs at school... I need to guts to walk right out of there. Even though I've spent HOURS and HOURS getting this approved while out of state. You can't imagine the work I've done. Even the school director commented on how quick and thorough I've been during this processes.
    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

If it's public school then they have to provide what she needs, in whatever classroom fits her the best. And hire an Educational Attorney...

J.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
      If it's public school then they have to provide what she needs, in whatever classroom fits her the best. And hire an Educational Attorney...

J.
      Yup. They have specific timelines that they are required by federal law to abide by. Those timeframes are pretty generous, though. Something like 90 days to test and then another 30 to set up and implement an IEP.

Feel free to PM me if you need support or to vent. We had an interesting time getting the correct services dialed in for our youngest who has a language disorder.

Comment

Big hugs and lots of mojo coming your way
        Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Hugs mama! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers (FYI: go find a new pediatrician if at all possible).
          Tara
          Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Hugs! You have it in you to handle this perfectly, we know it!

Also, I agree, find a new pedi. Look online at Angie's List or mom boards (even mothering[dot]com which can be a little much can be helpful in this regard).
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I hope things go as they need to. It has always taken me more than one try to find a pediatrician that is a good fit for us. I don't know if the ped can help, but he/she should at least be a support to you.
              -Deb
              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Hugs to you--- and school mojo sent!!
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Huge hugs and you have my support!
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

You know your child and you are the best advocate for her. Stand your ground.
                    Needs

Comment

Sending mojo. Your girl is lucky to have you in her corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Bittersweet View Post
                        Sending mojo. Your girl is lucky to have you in her corner.
                        This. You'll do the right thing and are brimming with strength.
                        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Support and hugs coming from here!
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Thank you everyone! About to go to orientation tonight. FYI its a private developmental preschool. The school district here is unbelievably inadequate. I have a back up plan in case the current school doesn't comply with my wishes, I just hope they don't have to be right about everything. Even the dingbat pedi yesterday said she needs to be a classroom with kids more on her level.
                            Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                            "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Good luck! Huge hugs and mojo!

Comment

Working...
                              X