Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Twin Birthday ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Birthday ?

So A has been invited to her first twin birthday, they are both girls. One is in her class, one in the other K class. What is the etiquette on gifts? One for each? One for both? As a parent of 6 year old twins what would you prefer?

Thanks!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

We do one for each, which seems standard unless something else is specified.
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

We had one recently. I did one total "gift" but there were two separate items. They were only 2 years old, though.
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I would absolutely do one gift for each child.

My birthday is 2 days away from hubbie's and we always get lumped together. It sucks.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Other twin parents have told me the preference is for either (1) two identical or similar gifts for each (same toy, different color) or (2) gift that they can play with together (like a crafts, building toys, something with lots of parts).
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Not to hijack, but what about baby shower gifts for mothers expecting twins? I have two gfs expecting twins this spring, and I wasn't sure how gift giving should go...I was thinking of just buying a metric ton of onesies for each.
            I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

I was lucky my twins are boy girl-- they never wanted the same exact thing. But I always keep their gifts in the same neighborhood of value to minimize jealousy.

You need to get two gifts-- but I agree about similar gifts. You could even get two rainbow looms.

As far as baby stuff---- I'd ask the mom what she needs. She will get a lot of cute matching outfits. But boring basics like bath towels and washcloths and burping cloths---- ugh. That stuff she might not get. And twins need extra large swaddling blankets so they can be swaddled together. This was a lifesaver for the first 3 months...
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Ooh good to know...thanks!
                I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

Working...
                X