Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fairy Tea Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairy Tea Party

This is what we have decided on for A's birthday - we're holding the party in 3 1/2 weeks (yes its crazy to add to the holiday crazy but I'd rather get it over with!)

Give me all of your activity ideas for 6 year old girls - we'll have tea and cupcakes.

Favors will probably be a tutu, fairy wings and a wand craft...but we have to fill 2 hours

What else?

Thanks!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Fairy Tea Party

Decorating cupcakes, beading/making bracelets, any of those art kits really. I'll add more later. Just let then play on their own with the fairy wings/tutus, etc.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Fairy bingo? I am not sure but I bet you could make really cute bingo cards with different colored fairies.

These sites havea bunch of ideas:

http://kidsparties.about.com/od/part...arty-Games.htm

http://www.pinterest.com/disneydiva1...y-party-ideas/

http://www.birthdayinabox.com/party-ideas/fairy.html
      -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
      Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
      Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Pinterest has all the ideas...
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Thanks guys I have come up with some I just want to make sure I have plenty because last year we ran out of htings to do and it went NUTS!

The next issue is who to invite and who not to invite - UGH!!!

Comment

A fairy scavenger hunt?
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Decorating wands?
              Kris

Comment

So far I have - coloring or glitter make-up upon arrival, Earning their fairy wings (and tutus) as the first game, Making fairy wands and halos as the 2nd...That'll take about 45 minutes (if I'm lucky!)- hah!

Comment

Cora's was this past Saturday and it was "pixies and pirates." Will post more later...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                  Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                  Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

DD7 just got invited to a Pixie Hollow Training School Birthday party. I am assuming they are going to learn about manners.
                    Needs

Comment

What about painting a fairy house? Craft stores have tons of little houses to paint for Christmas right now. They'd be very fairy-ish in pastels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      -Deb
                      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Deebs View Post
                        What about painting a fairy house? Craft stores have tons of little houses to paint for Christmas right now. They'd be very fairy-ish in pastels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        I thought about that, I'm afraid they won't dry in time to transport...

Comment

Manicures? I'm not sure how old she is, but my mom had a few manicure ladies come to one of my bday parties when I was little, and it was awesome. (I think it was a travel themed party, and maybe we did manicures in Paris). It may have been second grade - so maybe she is too young still....

Comment

We just went to one and it was super cute. I wish I could figure out how to post pictures - each girl made a little fairy garden.

Then container was one of those plates that you put under a pot to catch the water when the pot has holes in the bottom. I can't remember what they are called - but they are pretty cheap if you get the plastic terra cotta colored ones. Then they put a layer of sand, then a layer of the rocks that you put in the bottom of a fish tank. The mom had the fairy garden accessories put out in a big plastic veggie platter. Each section had something different - tiny trees, tiny pots, a round stone with a dragonfly on it, then some Christmas things - present, candy cane, a stocking. She also had moss for them to decorate the gardens with. Each girl got to pick out a different little fairy for her garden. I think she got most of the supplies at a Hobby Lobby type store.

The girls had a blast making their gardens and then comparing them.

She had collected some box lids for each girl to carry her garden home in. I can post a pic to FB if you want.
                            Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Fairy Tea Party

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
                              Manicures? I'm not sure how old she is, but my mom had a few manicure ladies come to one of my bday parties when I was little, and it was awesome. (I think it was a travel themed party, and maybe we did manicures in Paris). It may have been second grade - so maybe she is too young still....
                              Apparently it was first grade -and she had face painting too. Face painting might be a better idea.
                              Last edited by JDAZ11; 11-20-2013, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X