Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Birthday Party Favors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday Party Favors

Last minute help needed!!! I'm such a procrastinating spaz.

We're having a birthday party for Alexia at Goofy's Candy Company in Downtown Disney on Saturday. The theme is Goofy's Scienterrific Birthday Bash. There will be boys and girls in attendance. Mostly around ages 9-12.

Personally, I'm not a fan of favor bags. They're lame right? Can I get an amen?

In spite of this, Alexia has asked for them, they're standard anymore, and this particular venue doesn't allow for any outside food or drink (I can't even bring in a cake). So, I'm relenting.

The favor bags CAN contain food, so long as they are given out at the end. I don't want to spend a ton of money. I don't want to spend a ton of time crafting, but a little is okay. I don't want or have any desire to give out a crap ton of garbage.

So, I need favor bags. I bought a lot of 50 Disney trading pins on eBay. I need lanyards to put them on (cheap, Disney, gender neutral). I was going to get a Mickey cookie cutter and make sugar cookies. Disney pencils?

Is that enough? Any of those horrible ideas? No food allergies to worry about. Anything I should omit? Think of adding? Anything sciencey you can think of? Links for ideas or purchases of any of the above? Thoughts? Got to have them ready to go by Saturday!!

Thank you for any help!
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

What about test tubes with nerds in them?

Comment

Candy, lollipops, lip smackers (good for the girls, I guess). That's all I got for now.
      Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Love all your ideas Heidi!!!
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Dude, I'd have stopped at the pins. I think what you're planning is fabulous.

Comment

Sounds cute!! They make bubbles that look like test tubes. But I think what you have would be plenty, too.
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Instead of lanyards, what about just a piece of card stock with some picture of goofy and some catchy phrase about coming to the party - "thank you for coming to celebrate my birthday. I always "pinned" you as a great friend"? Print 4 per page on heavy card stock and attach pins. What about including instructions for an edible scientific experiment - with the science behind it (like rock candy)? I think what you have is enough for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Lanyards aren't cheap! I love your ideas. I think what you've got is enough. Also, Amen on hating gift bags.
                Needs

Comment

The last birthday party we went to didn't have goody bags. And everyone was ok with that!!
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Does it have to be Disney lanyards? I sent lanyards as the birthday party invite for the last bday party. I found a cheep place that had pink, blue, purple, and green all bright colors. Let me know if you need the details.
                    Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                    "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Birthday Party Favors

Thanks everybody!! I got the lanyards (99 cents at party city), test tubes on Amazon, nerds to fill them, rock candy, pencils, favor bags, and the pins so far.

Comment

I totally want to go to that party. You wouldn't mind if I brought my 5 kids right? Lol.

Sounds awesome--- you have already gone above and beyond!!
                        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                          Thanks everybody!! I got the lanyards (99 cents at party city), test tubes on Amazon, nerds to fill them, rock candy, pencils, favor bags, and the pins so far.
                          Perfect! They also have cute lanyards at Dollar Tree if anyone needed the tip!
                          Post a pic next week when you get time. I wanna gooo! That party sounds like fun!
                          Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                          "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I want to go too. When we finally have our conference in Orlando, we'll have to recreate Lexi's party.
                            -Deb
                            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                            X