Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

School Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Uniforms

For those of you who's kids have to wear uniforms to school, where do you get them? O had uniforms the last two years but it was a school t-shirt and I made him pants. This year he'll be full time, five days a week. I want clothes that will stand up. I've looked at lands end, french toast, and Parker uniforms and I'm undecided.
    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Originally posted by ides View Post
    For those of you who's kids have to wear uniforms to school, where do you get them? O had uniforms the last two years but it was a school t-shirt and I made him pants. This year he'll be full time, five days a week. I want clothes that will stand up. I've looked at lands end, french toast, and Parker uniforms and I'm undecided.
    I know DCJenn has definite experience with and opinions about this, and can steer you in the right direction; you might ask on fb, if she doesn't reply here and if you can't find her past posts about it.
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I have ordered shirts for A from Lands end and Children's Place they were both running sales last week. Do not get them from Old Navy, they won't hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I think dcjenn uses lands end. I've been looking at them but currently their regular uniform pants don't come in slim. O has a slim build and his waist is a good two inches smaller then what is listed for his height and weight range. The climber pants come in slim but have two seamed around the knees so I'm not sure his school will accept them. I supposed I could tighten the elastic myself but I'd rather find something that fits.
        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

When my kids were in private school, we were required to use Parker, and they did hold up well, although they were expensive. Have you looked at Sears? They used to have a guarantee on their kids' clothes that if they wore out before the kids grew out of them, they would replace them free.
          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I used French Toast for DS, and they held up really well. I had to bleach and Oxyclean the shirts a few times, but as far as wear and tear, they were great.
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

French toast is WAY cheaper than the others. I was wondering if they were sturdy. Do they double line the knees?

Comment

I used French Toast and Cherokee (Target) and I can't remember how they held up or which was better. They worked though. Knees did get shredded occasionally though.
                Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

We had to buy from Dennis but those things are indestructible, so while expensive I would bet you save money in the long run going with a quality uniform company rather than trying to save up front. We also only bought three complete uniforms. Could have gotten away with two TBH. Buying 5 uniforms is unnecessary.
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I don't remember if the knees are double lined. I think they weren't. I guess I should add that I have a pretty low-key boy, and he only went half-days.
                    Laurie
                    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

French toast is cute but flimsy and don't hold up. Lands end is the best investment and cleans the easiest.
                      -Ladybug

Comment

We use Lands End or SchoolBelles for the plaid jumpers.

I get everything else (shirts, socks, sweaters, navy blue shorts, navy blue skirts, navy blue pants) at Target, Kohls, the children's place, or gymboree. We've been really happy with the pants from the children's place.

Also, does your school sell used uniforms? Ours does and they are super cheap! Those $50 jumpers get sold for $6!!
                        Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                          I have ordered shirts for A from Lands end and Children's Place they were both running sales last week. Do not get them from Old Navy, they won't hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I was about to kick myself for missing the sale, but the lands end one doesn't end until tonight! 30% off!
                          Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I ordered Lands End. I'm not positive the pants will fit but I guess I can send them back if they don't.

Comment

Working...
                            X