Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mom brag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom brag

This totally embarrassing brag will make it seem like I don't supervise my kids on their electronics, but here goes anyway. I have to share this.

Zoe loves club penguin. She is on there too much. It's this fantasy world and she never tires of it. We have to get tough about enforcing some limits.

Recently, she started taking her tablet into the office with her ... and her CD player with Kidzbop. I didn't think anything of it. It turns out, she started filming club penguin movies with the video functionality on her tablet and used her Kidsbop songs as the background music. She came up with intricate scripts and she has her character play multiple characters by changing it's clothes. The dialogues are all typed out above the penguin's head. It's like watching a real movie. She has made 2 different Frozen remakes as well as love stories, a witch story ....

It's amazing. I have visions of her majoring in film.

Okay. Mom brag over.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

That's so neat!
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Too cool! I wish we could watch a video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

That's awesome! I don't see that as "negative" screen time which limits her imagination/active engagement. She's using the technology in her play to enhance it. That sounds like PERFECT screen time in my book.
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Wow, that's so cool! I agree with T&S - that's the kind of screen time that can really open up creativity, and she figured it out all by herself!
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

How fun!
                -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                  That's awesome! I don't see that as "negative" screen time which limits her imagination/active engagement. She's using the technology in her play to enhance it. That sounds like PERFECT screen time in my book.
                  Agreed! Super neat! And great she can be independent.
                  Wife of PGY-2 Gen Surg, gluten/dairy free cook and patron to a big black cat

Comment

That is awesome and why sometimes just letting them use their imagination is far better than some arbitrary 2 hour screen time limit set forth by the powers that be.
                    Tara
                    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Cool! Video Star is a program my kids love - sounds like it could be right up her alley (they make music videos and it has tons of effects.
                      Honestly, my son learns TONS from computers, video games, etc. my younger daughter doesn't. I try to let them do what works for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      -Deb
                      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
                      X