Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dual 5 and 7 Co-Ed birthday party???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual 5 and 7 Co-Ed birthday party???

So as you guys know we have no kitchen which means we can't possibly do birthday parties here this year as we have in the past. We could do A's if we waited until January. There are a TON of kids in R's class that have siblings in A's and vice versa. I'm still working on a list that would give me a good idea of numbers but what I need are party ideas?? Where can I have a party with 30+ kids in late November?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Do you guys have a local jump/bounce house place? We have one called like JumpZone or something. Kids love it and they get so tired. You literally just let them jump around for an hour and feed them cake.
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Bowling!!!! So fun and kids can be split by age
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Do you have a Rainbow Play systems showroom? They do parties.
        -Deb
        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
          Bowling!!!! So fun and kids can be split by age

This is a great idea. I just went to one like this (but it was at Chuck E Cheese) and it works fine because the kids go do their own things. 7 is probably aged out of the mygym places.

Maybe one of the gymnastics places... bump city/GAGE
          Pump it up
          Wonderscope (not sure if this can accommodate the right amount. )

eli is screaming. if i think f more i will update
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

I have been wondering about doing a joint party for my two, as well. But do kids who only know one kid feel obligated to bring gifts for both? How does that work? (This must come up with twins all the time.)
            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Emerald City Gym
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I'm thinking of telling the kids if we do this there are no gifts, or if we do it before Christmas their friends can bring gifts for kids in need. All good ideas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

We did a joint party at a gymnastics place. Everybody likes to run, bounce and flip.
                  Needs

Comment

Dd has a friend in her class who just turned 5, and did a dual bday with his younger brother who was turning 3. They rented out a space at a community center gym, and then had a magician perform. It was SO COOL! Even for the adults.
                    There were a bunch of toys for the kids to play with (some balls, balloons, space set up to draw/color).
                    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                    X