Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

cost of kindergarten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cost of kindergarten

Does your district charge for full day kindergarten? I just got the letter, half day is free and full day costs $3,500. I didn't realize this was a thing. Do you guys have this?
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Nope, kindy (full-day, as well as half-day although that's no longer an option) is free here. I've never heard of paying for kindergarten!
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

We used to have to pay for full day. Around $1500 with a state grant. Now IN voted for full day kindy so half-day wasn't an option and full- day is free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Needs

Comment

We don't have a full day public option. Private ones start at $800/month.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Our public K is full-day and free. We have a few public schools with a free full-day Pre-K. It is currently free, but there is talk of adding a fee that would go to expanding needs-based Pre-K options.

Comment

Public all day kindergarten is free here.
            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Our state does not fund full-day kindergarten. The district we currently live in (which we'll move out of before my son starts school) uses Title I and other supplemental funds to provide free full-day. Most districts here charge tuition for full-day. Denver is sliding scale with the resident max being $310/month.

We heard a bill about this in my committee last month.
              Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Our full-day kindergarten was free in both WA and AZ. Actually, they eliminated half-day kindergarten in our districts.

Comment

cost of kindergarten

Full day only (As far as I know) and it's free.
                  Last edited by Auspicious; 03-10-2015, 06:41 AM.
                  Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                  Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                  Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Both in our district in Columbus suburbs, as well as here, full day K about $3500. Ohio has slashed so much funding to schools, I only see it getting more expensive.
                    -Deb
                    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I've heard of both full-day being on lottery, and full-day costing tuition. Here, it's been half-day only for several years, but funding is finally coming through and it will go to full-day only starting either this fall or 2016, I'm not sure which.
                      Alison

Comment

There is no half-day public here. Full day is free. So is preK (full day, too), if you get selected for the lottery.

Comment

Never heard of it. In fact, a lot of the districts here have gone to full day, I believe to get more funding from the state
                          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

You have to pay here too thought I don't know how much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

This year full day is around $400/month, half day is free. Next year the state is moving to free full day. In our district they said that they may offer limited half day at some schools if there is interest but they will not have it at our school.
                              Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Working...
                              X