Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I hate goody bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate goody bags

We get home, the (*#$&#(*&$ slinky tangles up within 15 minutes, and then DD spends the next 45 minutes in a sugar-enhanced tantrum.
    happy freaking birthday.
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

They get the bags on the way home. That's it
    Jen
    Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I did goody bags for the boy's party. My friend sarcastically thanked me for the kazoo and whoopee cushion! 😂😂😂 I am that friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Veronica
      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Trying to decide if I want to do favors for DS's party. Maybe I should skip the kid junk and hand out mini wine bottles to the parents as they're leaving...
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Goody bags are the worst. I always end up throwing most of the crap away, such a waste.

But, the kids (here, at least) all expect them! So, for my boys' last (combined) birthday party I just did bags filled with a bag of chips, a mini-bag of M&Ms, and a lollipop.

Super easy, everything gets eaten, and no cheap plastic crap.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by migirl View Post
            no cheap plastic crap.
            right on.
            A family we used to do joint parties with got us on the kick of just giving out a book to each kid, wrapped nicely. One selection for the boys, another for the girls.
            Enabler of DW and 5 kids
            Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead View Post
              A family we used to do joint parties with got us on the kick of just giving out a book to each kid, wrapped nicely. One selection for the boys, another for the girls.
              Filing this one away to use in the future...
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I like the book idea!
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

One of my friends had a baseball themed birthday party for her son, and each kid got a baseball cap with his/her initial appliquéd on. It was really cute and DH wore it all the time for months, but it probably was a lot of work for her!
                  The year before, her son had a superhero themed party and every kid got a customized cape to take home.

Comment

My friend paid me back today for the whoopie cushions and kazoos with blow up hammers. Our ride home was so enjoyable!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

We have a bunch of those hammers. Decided to skip goodie bags this year and had parents thanking me at the party. Floated the idea of giving out liquor minis to parents next year, everyone loved it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've done goodie bags on an occasion. Include a mini-notepad, a couple of washable crayons or pencils, a couple of decorative erasers and a sugar-free lollypop. No chocolate, no sugary stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X