Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Kindergarten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindergarten

This is the blog post I shouldn't have read: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kim-si...b_5693541.html. And now I'm a puddle on the floor.

K1 starts kindergarten next week. "Jump start" was today. When we arrived at the school, he marched up to the principal, introduced himself, and shook her hand. Then, he very excitedly got in line and hopped off to class without even saying good-bye. (Then I endured all sorts of abuse from K2 who was not happy to be left in my company -- apparently, I'm just a stupid baby oven.) One of the teachers who'd sat in on his IEP meeting last Spring, talked to me after class. He did great. He told them that his favorite animal is the "American Balcon," not falcon, and that his baby sister loves to be tickled. He wrote his full name, all 8 letters in order, without being prompted and played well with others. I'm proud of him but nervous too. He's just so big! Definitely not a baby any more.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Oh wow. I never thought about it like that. I do look at her and think, "she's almost 4, when did she get so big?"
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I'm so happy he had such a great jump start! He is going to do great mama, and so are you
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Yep, R is going this year - my last instead of 1st and everyone keeps asking me what I'm going to do with myself. I have no idea, but I do know I'm going to miss my kids! 😔 he's ready, he's excited and he got the teacher we wanted so I know he'll have a better K year then A did.

Hang in there E you'll be so happy for him when he comes home happy every day, they're growing up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
          Oh wow. I never thought about it like that. I do look at her and think, "she's almost 4, when did she get so big?"
          K1 looks and speaks like a 7 or 8 year old (though he has the emotional maturity of a 3 or 4 yo). He's so tall. Up to my breastbone and all knees and elbows.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
            Yep, R is going this year - my last instead of 1st and everyone keeps asking me what I'm going to do with myself. I have no idea, but I do know I'm going to miss my kids! 😔 he's ready, he's excited and he got the teacher we wanted so I know he'll have a better K year then A did.

Hang in there E you'll be so happy for him when he comes home happy every day, they're growing up!

Hey there! I feel like I haven't seen you in ages. K1 still considers R to be one of his best friends. We should get together with them.

Comment

R would love that but they are in camp this week and then we are leaving for one last summer hurrah on Saturday, won't be back until the 16th.

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                R would love that but they are in camp this week and then we are leaving for one last summer hurrah on Saturday, won't be back until the 16th.

I know. Now that we've got the school schedule, play dates are for weekends.

Comment

Aww. My preschool's parent educator always used to urge us to take each other out for coffee on the first day of kindergarten so we could share the bittersweet of it all and cry on each other's shoulders.
                  Alison

Comment

It sounds like K1 will absolutely thrive. But I hear you. I'm still a year away and the mere thought brings me to tears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just nodding my head. So proud, so excited, but so sad and wistful. This isn't going to be a single ugly cry for me. This is going to be a process of letting go and acceptance.
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

My youngest is beginning first grade in a couple weeks. It's exhilarating in one sense, and in another I've got this big empty pit in my stomach.
                        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                        Let's go Mets!

Comment

DS starts kindergarten this year, too. I haven't been too sad, but of course that made me tear up! He's hit another growth spurt recently, and everyone keeps saying how big he is getting. Such a little man!
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

O starts 1st grade this year. I'm mostly worried with managing homework. Ugh.
                            Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by ides View Post
                              O starts 1st grade this year. I'm mostly worried with managing homework. Ugh.
                              Totally. For the two hours following the kids' and my getting home, I'm dedicated to homework coaching while I bounce around the kitchen making supper.
                              I've given up getting anything else done until bedtime.
                              Sorry for the hijack.
                              Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                              Let's go Mets!

Comment

Working...
                              X