Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Growing pains?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing pains?

I just need a little advice from the btdt mamas. E will be five in less than 30 days. For the last few days he's been complaining on and off that his left knee bothers him when he walks. It's not enough to stop him from playing with his friends or jumping around. It's just the left knee and it's the front, not the back. Is this a normal growing pain? Since he isn't in serious pain and is playing just fine, I'm wanting to just brush it off as growing pains and if it continues I'll talk to his dr next month at his 5yr check up. But i don't want to be that mom that ignores something that could be more. So i guess I'm just coming here for reassurance that talking to the pediatrician can wait?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

We’ve gotten that a few times from the kids. Mostly at night once they’ve slowed down enough to notice the pain.

I distract them once but I’ll give a little Tylenol if they keep complaining about it. I remember having really bad aches as a kid and my parents saying there was nothing they could do so I’m sympathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
      We’ve gotten that a few times from the kids. Mostly at night once they’ve slowed down enough to notice the pain.

I distract them once but I’ll give a little Tylenol if they keep complaining about it. I remember having really bad aches as a kid and my parents saying there was nothing they could do so I’m sympathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This exactly. Primarily at night or in the evening. It comes and goes and generally corresponds with my having to buy new clothes a week or so later. We also distract first, then Tylenol.
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Thanks guys. His haven't been at night but it's usually when he's slowed down, like in the car or bored at home. Growing pains are tough.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Working...
        X