Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bracing Myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracing Myself

I’m bracing myself for the tweens! Can you believe it? I joined here before K1 was born.

I chaperoned a 4th grade field trip the other day. Some of these kids I’ve known since they were in diapers would look at me with daggers in their eyes if I dared to speak to them. I was not prepared for that. K1 still wants to snuggle and he’s socially behind his peers so I don’t have much rebellion or moodiness from him; just the usual squirrely stuff that he’s always done. There were a few of the kids who were still sweet but there has definitely been a change.

Meanwhile, K2 is well on the way with that growing reptilian brain demanding food and influenced by friends and having big emotions. Lots of angry outbursts and demonstrations of physical prowess. He’s becoming very much a “dude”. I see the packs of dudes at school drop off and worry for K1 because he is not fitting in; he isn’t in the same place either physically or socially. Then I see K2 in the middle of a dude-pack and I’m so not ready for him to transform.

Today, I was walking someone through my home and was horrified to discover that one of the boys peed in their bathroom sink. I suspect K1 did it to annoy K2 because it was K2’s sink.

Two of my nephews are there too. Just a few years older than my boys; they have mustaches and girlfriends. Aaaaahhh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

I’ve got your back. I think it’s the social piece that is the hardest, and the wanting to fit in. You are great about communicating with your kids. I think they’ll do fine. I struggled more when they turned 15 or 16. You’ve got this.

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Yes, I agree that fourth grade is where you start to see the first appearance of the social crap. I'm sooooo not ready to do this shit again. sigh.

Sorry. I've got nothing. Just commiseration.
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by houseelf View Post
        Yes, I agree that fourth grade is where you start to see the first appearance of the social crap. I'm sooooo not ready to do this shit again. sigh.

Sorry. I've got nothing. Just commiseration.
        We’re going through painful social issues now in 8th grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
        X