Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gifted testing/IEPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man, I remember those days, trying to stay ahead of my 6yo reader with kid-appropriate content. I thought the Read-Aloud Handbook was an amazing resource, because it identifies kid-appropriate books with slightly higher reading level (since someone else is "supposed" to read it aloud) so it takes more than 2 seconds for a kiddo to get through a book. Long series, and a library card, are your friends!

It's great that E is getting needed supports at school and has a teacher who's willing to help her.
    Alison

Comment

I’m glad it went well.

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
        Oh man, I remember those days, trying to stay ahead of my 6yo reader with kid-appropriate content. I thought the Read-Aloud Handbook was an amazing resource, because it identifies kid-appropriate books with slightly higher reading level (since someone else is "supposed" to read it aloud) so it takes more than 2 seconds for a kiddo to get through a book. Long series, and a library card, are your friends!

It's great that E is getting needed supports at school and has a teacher who's willing to help her.
        Thanks for this suggestion - ordering it now!
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Oh man, I’m right there with needing to find age appropriate books at a higher reading level.

D is on Book 9 of the How to Train Your Dragon (there are 12 books) so that’s helped me out over the last few months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
            Oh man, I’m right there with needing to find age appropriate books at a higher reading level.

D is on Book 9 of the How to Train Your Dragon (there are 12 books) so that’s helped me out over the last few months!
            Yep, that was one I had in mind when I said longer series.
            Alison

Comment

Working...
            X