Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Teens and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teens and beyond

Oh how lonely it is here!!!!!!!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Re: Teens and beyond

You aren't kidding...and I have tweens and teens...It's lonely being a mom of kids this age...you don't dare talk about 1/2 the stuff they are saying and doing. :>

Will I survive these years with my sanity intact? no way. Maybe for one or 2 kids...but I'm convinced that by the time that Zoe is a tween I will need copious amounts of legal prescription drugs to function.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

La, La, La, I can't hear you!!!

I think it is best if we just live in ignorance of what will come.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Hey....Luanne's daughter is getting married in 2 WEEKS. Oh GAWD, Luanne...how did this happen?

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I'm not worried about it. Who is going to want to marry a guy who isn't potty-trained?

Jenn

ETA: Remember when we were all excited because Amy and Caroline were graduating from high school. and Luanne was all nervous about sending them off to college?

Comment

I'm not worried about it. Who is going to want to marry a guy who isn't potty-trained?
            my dd#1 thats who! they can live in depends for the rest of their lives.
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I can just visualize this...

Maybe that's just what your DS needs...a little girlfriend his size to stay on his back and nag him continually about pooping in the potty.

Comment

I still can't believe she is getting married soon. I will be a mess. I plan to be a pro with my digital camera in two weeks. Caroline and her boyfriend are flying in on the Friday evening, there is a dinner on Saturday night for the families to meet (that will be painful). Evidently his family is VERY REPUBLICAN, obviously, we are not. As a matter of fact, for how Liberal Jory & I are, Bob is even more so. Should be interesting. I have to make sure there are no current event conversations. On the other hand, if we need to break up any conversations for any reason, I can just blurt out "Bush Sucks". Or I can have Jory stand and say Mazel Tov (apparently his half brother is anti-Semitic).

I do love him (her fiance), he is a great guy and even though Republican, very moderate.

Also this is when we get to meet Bob's girlfriend, late twenties, 6 ft tall, blond and blue eyed. I have seen her picture and she is very pretty, looks like a model. I will definitely be wearing my Spanx!
                Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Wow, I do sound pathetic. Why is it that even though I'm glad I'm not married to him anymore and I'm happy with Jory, I still stress about meeting his girlfriend who is 20 years yonger and looks like a model.
                  Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
                    Wow, I do sound pathetic. Why is it that even though I'm glad I'm not married to him anymore and I'm happy with Jory, I still stress about meeting his girlfriend who is 20 years yonger and looks like a model.
                    You don't sound remotely pathetic.

She's your daughter's age. It's relatively easy to look hot at that age (especially to a man 20 years your senior). YOU on the other hand, are totally and completely workin' it, and will be the hottest MOB ever!

Comment

don't stress about the republican thing- my family is split 50/50 and when we have gatherings there is just a no-politics rule. The libs have a tough time not being snide but republicans can always be trusted to keep up appearances.

Seriously, have a good time and in general, even in a politically charged arena, most can agree that politicians are slimy................ regardless of being elephants or asses (I mean donkeys of course)...

Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Ah Luanne- think of it this way, somewhere there is a 20-something having a panic attack because she's going to her boyfriend's daughter's wedding and his wildly successful ex-wife the NP will be there along with her famous physician husband...

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                          Ah Luanne- think of it this way, somewhere there is a 20-something having a panic attack because she's going to her boyfriend's daughter's wedding and his wildly successful ex-wife the NP will be there along with her famous physician husband...

Jenn
                          I agree - you'll look FABULOUS!
                          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

You are all the best!!!! The problem is, I don't want his girlfriend to be uncomfortable (but in a way I wish I did)!!!!
                            Luanne

Comment

you are so amazingly gracious!!!! I would think she'd be uncomfortable just cuz to me it seems very tacky... very very tacky....

But honestly- have a great party and a great time!!!!
                              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                              X