Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

my big plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my big plan

So, this is punishment plan something like 2534.3081.b

Something like that...

I'm going to stick with this one, though.... I think it's a good plan, it goes after the main thing that is driving us nuts, and that is K's inability to turn in homework. The plan involves no checking of her homework every night. It involves me checking the online update system every Sunday, and if there are more than 1 *E* grade on any assignment, test, etc., she's grounded for the next week. Simple, easy... Of course, dependent on teachers updating, but not my problem. They are required to update- and if they only do it after 3 weeks or so, so be it...

But my question is this-- I haven't tied her allowance to this stuff before. Allowance is tied to her performing her round-the-house chores adequately- she has daily chores and bigger weekend ones. She does a pretty good job of it, even breaking out real cleaning agents to clean her bathroom, etc., etc. Should I take away allowance also if she doesn't turn in her work? Or should I just do what I was planning- grounding from TV, internet, phone, social outings, etc....

And I know it's kind of stupid to come up with a new plan when school's almost over-- but I'm planning to stick with this one through 8th grade entirely. I think it's simple enough for me to remember the details and for her to see some cause-and-effect...

Opinions on the allowance bit?
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

I wouldn't tie it to the allowance. I think the way you have it designed is simple and easy to understand. Good job mom!
    Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Good luck! Sounds simple enough - I hope the teachers do their part.
      Jen
      Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

As Kelly would tell me, Peggy "I got nothin'" If it works...let me know. I'm just over here drooling in the corner.

Kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

If the allowance is tied to her chores around the house and it is working, don't mess with it, unless you want to start doing her chores if the new plan doesn't work.

Don't mess with success!!!!
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
            If the allowance is tied to her chores around the house and it is working, don't mess with it, unless you want to start doing her chores if the new plan doesn't work.

Don't mess with success!!!!

I'm not cleaning her bathroom...

Thanks all!

We went through the *expectations* list last night, and she ticked off each *rule* (most of which were iterations of *turn in your homework on time*) and for each one she said, "That's fair"....

No complaining? No ???

Cautiously optimistic...

We shall see....
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
            X