Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

product suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• product suggestion

My nine year old is getting the first signs of acne: white heads, black heads, and occasionally the small cyst. TBH, his hygiene is sorely lacking. Still, soap and Stridex are not cutting it.

I'm looking for something appropriate for a young child. (Think one step and not too harsh). Also, something cheap would be great. Lord knows he'll leave it somewhere at a sleepover or camp or something.

By the way, I can't believe that this is already an issue!

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Are you sure he isn't still a toddler in diapers, because that is what I remember?
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Re: product suggestion

Neutragena facial soap in the morning and bedtime. If it doesn't help after a few weeks you might consider a trip to a dermatologist. Ahhhh. Acne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I know someone I can ask. I'm noticing that too (hey, that's not a bug bite). Where is the see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil emotion?

Comment

I think I started using Neutrogena face wash at 11, sometimes Noxzema. I think both worked pretty well when I first started to get acne. Poor kid. (And poor mom!)
          Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

My 12 year old started to use the Neutragena wave and so far so good.

Comment

I had bad acne as a kid/teen, and I actually really liked Purpose (from Johnson & Johnson) over Neutragena. My dermatologist suggested it.

Ugh, acne at 9? Poor kid.
              Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                Neutragena facial soap in the morning and bedtime. If it doesn't help after a few weeks you might consider a trip to a dermatologist. Ahhhh. Acne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Amen and amen.

Neutrogena glycerin soap morning and night. And, if it doesn't clear up or the cysts start getting numerous - dermatologist! Also, try changing his pillow cases every day or every other day - a pain for you but it reduces the amount of oil his face is exposed to for eight hours each night.
                Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                With fingernails that shine like justice
                And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Hands down, Cetaphil. They make both a "normal" and "gentle" face wash that doesn't strip your skin, but still cleans well.

Also, Avon makes a line for teens called "Misbehavin' Skin" and the overnight treatment works wonders.

Comment

Based on the recommendations in another thread here a couple of weeks ago, I have started using Cetaphil and am loving it. My skin is so much clearer than it has been in a while.
                    Kris

Comment

I really liked Benzagel.... just something to put on your face at night - wash with something like cetaphil.
                      Benzagel is topical and it helped me when I had mild acne.

http://www.google.com/products?clien...ed=0CBkQzAMwAw

Comment

Working...
                      X