Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tricky teen skin suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
    Cetaphil has a really great gentle cleanser that might help her retain some moisture. I use it with their moisturizer and have had fantatic results. I think a giant bottle of the cleanser is about $8.
    I asked our peds derm for a suggestion for the boys, and she said cetaphil. It's worth a try - it definitely only gets more expensive after that!

Comment

Yes... I'm thinking a cetaphil moisturizer for right after swimming. That way I'm not distraught if she loses it bc things sometimes disappear from swim bags!! I'm already used to goggles walking away... And swim caps breaking...

I have the feeling she does scrub at her skin too much-- skin issues are sensitive tho.

I casually asked her if she rsn out of the retinol cream, and she said, "what, you can tell? Is my skin that bad?" she was so panicked... I said that I just realized we hadn't refilled it in a while...
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Poor kiddo. It's rough being a teen.

Comment

I've been meaning to post something on the "No, seriously" thread but will reply here. I'm almost 40 and still have moderate acne - totally sucks to have this going on. My routine is to wash twice a day with Neutrogena's Acne Wash, which has those microbeads for deep cleaning. As DCJenn said, make sure you dry carefully without rubbing. If there are any breakouts, just use Neutrogena's On The Spot cream. Then after that dries, use Johnson & Johnson's Purpose over your whole face. It doesn't have oil, doesn't smell, and also has SPF 15 sun protection, so you don't have to worry as much outdoors.

This works reasonably well for me; I still have occasional breakouts. Like others have pointed out, acne is different for everyone, so you really have to experiment to see what works for you (or your daughter in this case).

Comment

I would take her to a dermatologist (although Cetaphil and Vanicream are both great products - very gentle). My parents took me in high school, and as an adult I am so thankful. I had terrible acne and you would never know because I had no scarring at all - mostly because any time I started breaking out my mom would take me back to the derm and we stayed on top of it.
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Working...
            X