Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sad for my dd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad for my dd

She is going to homecoming, bought her ticket, had a plan to meet with some friends to get ready and to go together. These aren't her best friends, but most of her close friends are not going or are going with boyfriends. Anyway, these girls decided to pull bs today, say they didn't think they were going to dd while tweeting about getting ready. Sigh.

So she's going anyway. Alone. Screw them right. I have to drive her there. I'm so nervous for her. She says once she's in there it's fine- everyone just dances in a big group. It's not like the formal setting if my old homecoming dance I guess.

Anyway her school is filled with petty and immature people. She's already bored of that scene. If we could move tomorrow she would be glad to go.

I hope she finds some friends at the dance. I just keep thinking of pretty in pink and how she went to prom alone!! If you are over 35 you'll know what I'm talking about lol.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Your daughter is so strong. I'm under 35 and fully get the pretty in pink reference. Those girls are jerks. I hope she goes and has an excellent time. Let us know how it goes.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

That does suck for her but good for her for going anyway, I hope she has fun.
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I just dropped her off... So hard! Last year she went with 4 friends and they all had a great time.

Update: She just texted me that she found some friends.

I really hope she has fun. Definitely a disappointment about the other girls.
        Last edited by peggyfromwastate; 09-24-2011, 06:36 PM.
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Yay... I am glad she found some friends. I remember going to those things and while everyone danced, even those that came as couples still hung out with everyone else. Your daughter is one awesome lady for having the maturity to know she could go alone and still have a great time.
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Man I hate girls...good for your daughter! You should be proud!

Comment

WTH? I'm glad your dd has the sense to go anyway and not let those girls bring her down. That must have been so hard to take those first few steps in alone, your dd has such a dignity about her. Poor girl, she deserves much better. You should be very proud of her.
              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Funny, that never ends. The same thing happened to me a few years ago when I was over 30. There was an annual holiday party that I always went to with my "friends." They said they weren't going so I went with another group of friends. They were surprised to see me there. Then, I met an interesting guy there and one of my "friends" promptly hooked up with him. They were making out in front of everyone in the place. I marched up to my "friend," tapped her on the shoulder, and told he "I just wanted to say good-bye" and left the party. I never spoke to those friends again and my life was only improved by severing that relationship. Wish I'd learned that when I was your DD's age.
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

She's awesome!!! Good for her! I hope she has a great time!
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Your DD rocks! I'm glad she went and is having fun!
                    Veronica
                    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
                      Your daughter is so strong. I'm under 35 and fully get the pretty in pink reference. Those girls are jerks. I hope she goes and has an excellent time. Let us know how it goes.
                      It speaks so much to her character that she said she still wanted to go. Screw those stupid, petty girls. GO K!!!!

Comment

You have raised an awesome young lady!!!!
                        Luanne
                        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                          You have raised an awesome young lady!!!!
                          ITA! As for those other bitches, Karma.
                          Needs

Comment

She's a hero...I'm so proud of her! Those girls can suck it! Petty little biatches!

Comment

How are things? I've been worried about this all night!
                              Luanne
                              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                              X