Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

gift ideas for confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gift ideas for confirmation

My next door neighbor's daughter is having her confirmation this weekend. What is an appropriate gift???? She also helps with my dogs, if I'm late she will walk them and feed them.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Is it a Christian confirmation?
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Yes. I was thinking a card with a gift card in it (or cash??).
      Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

As much as I was taught by my mom that cash is impersonal, kids love to get cash. Let's be honest - who doesn't? I'd go with cash.
        -Deb
        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

If you go with a gift card, I'd think along the lines of iTunes, Amazon, Starbucks, Cold Stone. Stay away from clothing stores because you don't know what's "cool." When I was a teen, I hated it when people gave me gift cards for old lady dress shops.
          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Our girls (ages 16 and 12) flove iTunes gift cards.

Comment

I gave my sister a card with cash (or a check) when she made her confirmation. When my brother makes his in a few weeks, I will be doing the same. I can't recall how much I gave her at the moment, but it was somewhere around $50 I think.
              Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

Thanks all, I'm going with a card and $50 cash!
                Luanne

Comment

Good choice

Religious gifts are prob the most popular, but you only need so many rosaries, bibles, etc plus it probably feels weird if you aren't the same religion!
                  Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

She was THRILLED with the cash!!!!!!
                    Luanne

Comment

You can gift her card and flowers it will be best .

Comment

Working...
                      X