Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Minecraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minecraft

Okay, peeps, tell me about this game. C likes the free version on my phone, but would like to be able to save. What are the differences between the downloaded game, the browser version, and the pocket (iphone paid) version? Ideally, I would like cross platform access to the same saved game, but I really don't want to drop a ton of money on this. Can he play on the browser version and then pick the game up on the paid pocket version?

I really, really don't want him monopolizing either the phone or the lone computer in the house...
    Kris

Highly addictive. My teen (16) plays endlessly on Xbox . He paid for the computer version that has more options and the most recent updates, but he mostly plays on Xbox live so he can play with his friends. They have created a whole Minecraft society on there.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I don't know if it saves across platforms. My ds11 plays on his iPhone (paid version) and sometimes computer (paid version). He mostly plays on the iPod. It is highly addictive. The free versions for iPod and computer don't allow you to save progress I think.
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

All of my kids love this. It can be addictive but it inspired Alex to take a Java class. He started programming calculators and is now onto computer programs...
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

G just started playing this last week. He started on my phone (demo) which kind of sucked because you can't save it. K downloaded it onto the kids' computer (whatever free version they have) and that seems to be enough for now. And as a matter of fact, K has been playing it since the kids went to bed nearly 4 hours ago, under the guise of creating a "fun castle for G". Hmm. Yeah. Let me know if you get whatever version that can be played online and I'll get the same for G and he and C can play each other. (bear in mind I have no clue what this is even about...)

Comment

I am going to do the free demo online for now... If he sucks up enough (earns enough money through extra chores etc) then I will consider buying either the pocket edition or the full PC version.
            Kris

Comment

My son says if you are buying one, get the PC version, it's the best.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
              X