Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tweens and periods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
    I didn't get my period until 13 but my mom tossed me a box of tampons, said no one ever wore pads because they were gross and to figure it out. So...I did.

She definitely can use them. I agree with Thirteen that some general usage advice from you and Amanda (lightest flow possible, change them, etc) would be good but I bet she understands the concept well enough since she has had her period for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Omg. I swear I couldn't until like he year of high school. BUT... I think they've come a long way. The platex sports are so much better than regular tampax tampons, I think I would have had an easier time with those.

Huge hugs to Zoe. That's really hard. I remember leaving class once in high school and noticing that a friend had a spot on her skirt (we had two dark skirt options and a light.. of course she chose kaki that day... school nurse is totally the way to go. She even had back up uniforms, was so helpful).

I got my first period over the summer also. Going back to school was a huge adjustment... I guess thankfully (or not) I had horrible cramps and vomiting, so I usually wasn't at school when I needed the first pad. I serious doubt my middle school (was a k-8 school) nurse was as prepared!!! Hopefully it's different at a bigger school.

Comment

Tweens and periods

Update: I told Zoe's teacher what happened on the first day of school and she was devastated that she spent all day suffering and afraid to ask for help. She has started observing how frequently Zoe goes to the bathroom and even pulled her aside at lunch today and gently told her to go change her pad and she would give her extra time at lunch. She asked me to keep her in the loop whenever Zoe has a period and she'll stay on top of it for me at school!!!!

Last edited by PrincessFiona; 08-25-2017, 07:34 PM.
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Wow. That's amazing. Awesome teacher!

Comment

Aw, that's great!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

What a great teacher.

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Working...
            X