Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Video games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video games

Zoe had Spring Break last week and I didn’t work. She has a Nintendo Switch that we got her for Christmas and she convinced me to play some games with her. We have had daily tournaments and have had absolutely hilarious fun! Man have video games changed since the early 80’s. What a blast!

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Ha, I just got done playing a round of Terraria with DS and DD on iPad, and I've played Smash Bros with them both on Switch! I honestly think that if you know enough about their favorite games to be able to tolerate them ranting at you about Mario strategies or Fortnite snipes or whatever, it can kind of grease the skids when it comes to getting them to open up about feelings and relationships.
    Alison

Comment

I’m usually a board game girl and I thought gaming together might not be optimal for having a time to connect. I was wrong!

Comment

Lol, I just came in from a shopping trip for myself at Game Stop. ☺️ What can I say, I’m an 80’s kid who never really grew up.

On the other hand, I’ve recently started learning how to play Mahjong with this 71 year old lady I met on Nextdoor. We’ve been meeting up weekly. I guess I just love games and find myself hanging with teenagers and retirees alike lol.

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Video games

We have a new Nintendo switch. I am so bad at fine motor skills that I cannot use these controllers with any accuracy. It keeps me from playing. What games are fun? I don’t enjoy games like LEGO or Minecraft.

Needs

Comment

Video games

Originally posted by Phoebe View Post
            We have a new Nintendo switch. I am so bad at fine motor skills that I cannot use these controllers with any accuracy. It keeps me from playing. What games are fun? I don’t enjoy games like LEGO or Minecraft.

LOL. I can’t either. I’m terrible. Zoe laughs at me the whole time we play and says “You’re SO bad!” We’re playing Overcooked.

Comment

Oh sometimes my kids get me to play smash bros. I just do not understand it- I lose so badly. My kids have been beating me at mariokart since they were 4. It’s just sad!!!

But we love the switch! I don’t play often with them. Kris, I’m so glad you took time to play. What precious memories!
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Super Mario Party for the switch!! So fun! It’s like a board game mixed with fun mini games.
                Tara
                Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I love super Mario party. We always play on that watermelon world.

Comment

Working...
                  X