Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Schoology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schoology

Do you check Schoology for your older kids? I haven’t been and it was a mistake.

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

What is Schoology?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

It’s the school’s online system where you login and check grades and homework as well as school news. I think a lot of schools use it.

Kris

Comment

Does it have a feature where you can have the grades sent to you weekly? Ours does but I didn’t know about it until this year. (Oops.) Now I get the weekly reports.

Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious View Post
          Does it have a feature where you can have the grades sent to you weekly? Ours does but I didn’t know about it until this year. (Oops.) Now I get the weekly reports.

It does. I just reluctantly set it up. Kiddo has a D in art, orchestra, and theology.

Comment

Our kids’ schools have used PowerSchool and I find it SUPER handy.

Students have their own portal for it and are expected to keep an eye on their own shit. It’s been really helpful at teaching our brood how to stay on top of assignments, making sure they get credit for work they’ve done and turned in, and seeing their upcoming due dates for assignments. Total game changer for helping keep our youngest one organized.

The parent portal looks exactly like the one for students. We just each have our own login info. If there’s an issue, I can email teachers directly from the app, I can pay any fees/meals from the app, can see their missing assignments/absences/future due dates/comments on all assignments/grades/etc.

Comment

We have Skyward, and experienced parents told me when we headed to middle school that it's a good idea to keep up with it so there are no unpleasant surprises. Still, I prefer to help kids figure this stuff out for themselves, up to and including how to handle a failing grade. Better now than later in life, you know?
              Alison

Comment

We have something similar called Canvas. I check every once in a while just so I'm not surprised. I'm sure there are parents in our district that are obsessively checking and nagging their kids. IDK if I'd check if my kids were older unless they were having trouble in school.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                  We have Skyward, and experienced parents told me when we headed to middle school that it's a good idea to keep up with it so there are no unpleasant surprises. Still, I prefer to help kids figure this stuff out for themselves, up to and including how to handle a failing grade. Better now than later in life, you know?
                  Our last district had Skyward and I find it less user friendly than PowerSchool has been. It’s still super handy. Once kids hit middle school, it’s a great tool to utilize for teaching them how to take responsibility with their assignments. It can really empower students when they can access it themselves to check on stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X