Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Looking for Birthday ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Birthday ideas

Zoe turns 14 on April 17th. I know that we won’t be back to socializing by then. She’s really bummed. Last year she opted out of a party due to her anxiety. This year, she wanted to invite her friends to the Holiday Inn to swim. I need some ideas. Our neighbor just turned 80 and had us drive to his house at 6:30. We took turns getting out of our cars and congratulating him. Zoe’s friends from SJP live a half hour away. I don’t know if their parents would do it.

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

My youngest is turning 3 next week, so I’ve been looking up quarantine birthday ideas, too. It seems like the parade of cars is really popular right now. I just ordered a nice cake (all the wedding cake places are hurting for business, so I got a great deal at the last minute). We’ll probably setup some kind of Zoom chat with family then do a movie night. Sort of a bummer. 😕

Comment

My oldest will turn 10 next month and she wants a FaceTime pajama party with friends, family, and stuffies. And cake. It’s a bummer, it wasn’t what she wanted, but she’s adapting.
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

E's 6th birthday is on the 9th. I made a facebook post asking people to drive by, leave chalk messages, or send cards. I am going to decorate the house. I wanted to get a yard sign but it was a little more than I wanted to spend. Its Passover which sucks food wise, but many people are letting their kids pick out every meal that day. I have found someone to make him a decent Passover birthday cake.
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Our neighbor is doing a Zoom party for her daughter tomorrow.

My dad's bday was yesterday and I'm dropping him off brisket this weekend.
          Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

DS's was March 23. We did a drive-by parade with friends, but mostly we are letting him plan his dream party/sleepover for whenever it's over. The present he really wanted is on indefinite backorder, too, so overall it was a sucky birthday for him. Hoping the make-up party is amazing...
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
            X