Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I feel so bad for Zoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel so bad for Zoe

The governor of our state just allowed gatherings of ten people. Zoe’s best friend had been planning an 8th grade graduation party for her close knit girlfriends. It was cancelled, but is back on. Zoe was so excited. Then Zoe’s best friend told her that she is not invited because her dad is an infectious disease doctor. Her friend’s parents are afraid Zoe will infect them with covid. The little girl told Zoe that she can’t see her for a very long time.

I’m not arguing that having this party now is the right thing to do. I’m not even saying that I would have sent Zoe. It’s just hard to see her be so sad. She is begging Thomas to work from home so she can have friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Zoe freaked out on her friends. Now I’m getting text messages from parents. So frustrating.

Comment

This has gotten out of control. I had a mom text me saying Zoe and Aidan are not welcome in the school in the Fall. What the fuck? She said because Thomas does Infectious Disease and sees covid patients that he will pass covid on to the kids who will pass it on to her and her husband. I literally told her “I saw you three says ago in WalMart without a mask talking to another customer. You probably didn’t recognize me because I was wearing a MASK.” She made excuses for herself and told me she is going to the school director to make sure my kids can’t go to school. I asked her if this applied to all health professionals or just Thomas. She blocked me.

People have lost their everloving bloody minds. Get on some meds. I absolutely can’t believe this. I’m in shock. So we are not welcome anywhere until there is a vaccine or a cure? I’m so sad and this makes me scared.

Comment

Wow. I dont bave helpful words. Im just sorry this is your reality. Some people are acting out of fear and taking it out on the wrong people.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
        wife of a PGY-2 anesthesiology resident & mother of one adorable baby girl

Comment

That woman is nutters. Im sorry Zoe is having to learn about ugly people during a time when it's stressful enough.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

That is unbelievable! And just plain ignorant. With all of the PPE physicians who have direct COVID contact wear, she has a far bigger chance of getting infected at Walmart.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
            Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
            Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

I was so upset that I barely slept last night. Today is better. Thomas said he’ll talk to the school if it comes to that. What a crazy thing.

Comment

This all has made a decision easy for me. Aidan was recruited this week to play for a top traveling soccer team this summer. He didn’t try out, but they’ve lost players to covid fears and remembered him from last year. I initially told Aidan no. Today, Thomas and I responded to the request stating he absolutely will be participating. I’m done.

Comment

I'm sorry that Zoey's friends and their parents are being ridiculous. I wonder though if a travel team is a good idea?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

I feel so bad for Zoe

The travel team literally involves me driving him and a small group of boys playing outside.

The quarantine has had a terrible effect on my kids. This is not sustainable from a healthy attachment/developing brain standpoint.

Also, I’m sick to death of being told I’m not essential and not important (my husband’s words). We all had to isolate from each other for two weeks after Aidan came home. Then I had to isolate by myself for 2 weeks after I got sick. I’ve been incredibly, horribly isolated. My husband is working longer hours and comes home completely depleted. He plays on his computer and goes to bed early. I have almost no adult interaction. I’m allowed to go to the grocery store once every 10 days. I haven’t filled my gas tank since March since I literally drive nowhere. I wear a mask everywhere I do go and almost no one else does.

Last edited by PrincessFiona; 05-18-2020, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Awesome. Thomas just called and said he won’t be home until after 8 again. We can eat without him. This is like a fucked up version of residency and fellowship. At least during that time, I could take the kids to the park and talk to other parents. I took classes and interacted with my peers. This is not sustainable. At all.

Comment

Damn!
                        I’m am so sorry for what Zoe is experiencing. Teenage girls are either pretty awesome or spectacularly shitty.
                        My heartbreaks for her ... this type of BS on top of all of this pandemic, is so “spirit-breaking.“ 😢

It really troubles me when I think of all of the long term mental health impacts, that this period time, will have on the population and especially our children!!

Comment

Originally posted by Momo View Post
                          Damn!
                          I’m am so sorry for what Zoe is experiencing. Teenage girls are either pretty awesome or spectacularly shitty.
                          My heartbreaks for her ... this type of BS on top of all of this pandemic, is so “spirit-breaking.“ 😢

It really troubles me when I think of all of the long term mental health impacts, that this period time, will have on the population and especially our children!!
                          She refuses to leave her room now.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                            Awesome. Thomas just called and said he won’t be home until after 8 again. We can eat without him. This is like a fucked up version of residency and fellowship. At least during that time, I could take the kids to the park and talk to other parents. I took classes and interacted with my peers. This is not sustainable. At all.

I’ve been feeling like it’s the dark days of residency for a while when I was home all the time with 2 babies....but with more money. I didn’t have much of a social network during residency. IMSN was my primary social outlet.

I think K1 and I could manage this for quite a while as long as we had our books, legos, and internet access. DrK, K2 and Lambie are absolutely climbing the walls though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                              I’ve been feeling like it’s the dark days of residency for a while when I was home all the time with 2 babies....but with more money. I didn’t have much of a social network during residency. IMSN was my primary social outlet.

I think K1 and I could manage this for quite a while as long as we had our books, legos, and internet access. DrK, K2 and Lambie are absolutely climbing the walls though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              It really does feel that way. I am at a loss for how to deal with it now. I’ve been riding an emotional roller coaster. I know I’m not alone. I miss iMSN but it seems everyone has left the building. It’s so hard to not have anywhere to turn to.

Comment

Working...
                              X