Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hiccups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiccups

Did anyone see the gal on the Today show who has been hiccupping for the past 3 weeks?

Right before they were cutting to a commercial, I thought "what is that noise?!" And then they interviewed her, hiccup after hiccup.

I feel so badly, but why wouldn't she seek out all the care that she can get? She doesn't want the tube stuck down her throat, she doesn't want needles, etc. etc. As much as I feel sorry for her, if you're not willing to seek out all the help you can, then it's mean, but...

What are your remedies for hiccups?
    married to an anesthesia attending

I saw an intro to her piece but didn't actually see the interview. They need to figure something out though, IMO.

My DH just scares the daylights out of me when I get them and they usually go away. If that doesn't work I'll hold my breath as long as I can and that usually works.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I hold my breath and swallow 3 times. It works!

I don't know, I just found it comical that she was sitting there hiccupping throughout the whole interview, while a physician sat there explaining what the options are. The girl said she didn't want this or that or the other.

Comment

my best friends grand father used to pick us up from grade school and I rmember him having the hiccups for a long time like for almost the whole winter, it was odd. I would be all about getting that fixed!

Comment

Yeah, if she won't go through with the options, then tough shit. Oops... was that harsh? :huh:

Anyway! My dad taught me to hold my breath and drink an entire glass of water without stopping or inhaling. By the time you finish, you should be free and clear! It has a 100% success rate!

Comment

Lemon juice. straight on non-filtered non-sugared lemon juice. painful but it works.

J.

Comment

I just concentrate on swallowing really slowly thinking about resetting my diaphragm and that usually works....it doesn't matter what I drink to do it...though soda usually isn't as easy cause of the bubbles....
              Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I was telling DH about this at dinner last night and he said they had a patient here once who had something similar and she had a tumor on her brain stem, once they removed it she was fine - who would have thought? :huh:
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
                  I was telling DH about this at dinner last night and he said they had a patient here once who had something similar and she had a tumor on her brain stem, once they removed it she was fine - who would have thought? :huh:
                  Dh was saying something similar - that if you have a tumor, it can hit your somethingsomething nerve.

Comment

this happened to my step mom, at the time they had a water bed, talk about hell at night , course she was a.... never mind I'll save the therapy for another day

Comment

I make myself gag. Not exactly attractive or fun, but hey it works. I do have an irrational fear that I'll get hiccups and they won't stop. This newstory didn't help.

Comment

Working...
                      X