Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Flip my house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flip my house

Anyone like interior design and want to help me with my house?

I suck at this - bad. I need help figuring out what to do as far as paint and kitchen on a budget. If I post pictures after I clean will someone help me - pro bono of course. Think of me as the ultimate charity case.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

I'm really good at interior design. I will help you. It will be fun!!!!

Comment

I'm in! I'll be able to ask my parents, the realtors, what will be the best bang for your buck.

Comment

Me too me too! Let me play please!!!!!!

(you can ignore ALL my suggestions...just let me play!! )
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

My best tip for paint on a budget - go to the Home Depot and look for "Oops" paint. They've changed the way they do the paint a little, but it's basically when a paint gets mixed and then not purchased for one reason or another. I'm not sure if other stores do the same thing as HD, but it would be worth asking if you have a different store you like. If you have a small enough space that you only need one gallon (or paint your room in more than one color) and are flexible, you can pick up nice Behr paint that covers great for really cheap. Every once in a while, there is even more than one gallon of the same color in the Oops section. We just used Behr in three of our rooms, while getting our house ready to sell, and in two of them, we only needed one coat of paint. That saved us money and time!
          -Deb
          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Okay, so I don't have pictures yet, but I wanted to give you an idea of what we were thinking about as far as colors and tile.

We were thinking of this for our downstairs half-bathroom:

Rowan Berry

We were thinking of this color for our kitchen and one wall on the stairs:

Snowdrift

We were thinking of this color for our living/great room and the entryway wall:

Fawn's Leap

And, this is the tile, I think, we were gong to put in our kitchen and master bath.

Everything looks much better together in person than on the computer.

We were thinking of using suede in the living room, but just using the Ralph Lauren colors to match for the other rooms and not the uber expensive suede paint. :huh:

I don't know.

Comment

Are you thinking about resale at all?

Comment

I have a friend who "stages" houses, I'll let her play with me.
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Are you guys going to be putting it on the market? When you say "Flip my house" do you mean it in the since of: improve the house so it can be sold? Or do you mean decorate my house? The reason I ask is because Flipping houses is taking a "less than desirable" house , and improving it in ways , where you really get a lot more resale value out the improvments, than what you spend on them!

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
                    Are you guys going to be putting it on the market? When you say "Flip my house" do you mean it in the since of: improve the house so it can be sold? Or do you mean decorate my house? The reason I ask is because Flipping houses is taking a "less than desirable" house , and improving it in ways , where you really get a lot more resale value out improvments , than what you spend on them!
                    A combo of both. We want to decorate it and make it fun for us the last few years we live here, but we also want it to be a decent investment. The house needs to be painted, and we have never had a lot of color, and frankly, I am scared of color! Our kitchen floor has to be done. It is linoleum right now, but it is peeling up.

I would love to be able to do our countertops and cabinets, but we don't have the budget for that.

I think replacing some light fixtures would be good. I will try to post pictures in an hour or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher
                      I am scared of color!
                      I want to post pics of my living room. If you're scared of color, you will laugh when you see these. Now I just have to figure out how to post pics. Couldn't get it to work when I tried it before.

Comment

Okay, I took some pictures. The house isn't completely clean, but whatever. It's pretty good, for me anyway.

If you look carefully you may notice paint swatches on the walls.

Here is the living room:

Transition between kitchen and living room:

Kitchen (I hate wallpaper! I plan on this going.):

Lovely peeling linoleum:

Half-bath:

Entryway:

Comment

We like kind of traditional, neutral things.

Comment

Wow, you really have a nice home!
                            Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Originally posted by JaneDoe
                              Wow, you really have a nice home!
                              Thank you! We live in South Carolina, and the houses here are very reasonable. We paid less for this by 3X than some of our friends paid for tiny condos other places. It's going to be a definite shock to the system depending on where we end up for fellowship.

Comment

Working...
                              X