Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Have you had your house painted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you had your house painted?

We are waiting on bids back from three painters that looked at our house this week. If you've had your exterior house painted, how much did it cost and roughly how big was your house?

We have a 1800sf split level with a two car garage. The front side is brick 1/2 way up.

I just have NO idea what to expect with these bids.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

In DC, I paid $1500 for interior painting- one bath, three bedrooms and the hallway. They also repaired my ceiling (the roofers punched a hole all the way through the drywall!)

Jenn

Comment

$1,500 for 4 rooms? I have a feeling this is going to cost more then we expected...

Comment

That can vary a lot by where you are. $1500 for 4 rooms in DC is one thing. I paid $600 for master bdroom, master bath, living room, foyer, and upstairs hall (foyer and master bdroom both had vaulted ceilings). I bought the paint in that exchange ...

Most people I've talked to around here who have had their home painted have said it's cost between $2000 and $5000 depending on size of home and degree of color change.

Comment

Cheri,
          I have a friend who paid $70 per room last year. Don't know how big the rooms were, but I think it was her living room and kitchen, which are big. Let me check into it and get back to you. Otherwise, if you decide to do it yourselves, I have lots of tips (we just repainted SEVERAL walls to put our home on the market).
          -Deb
          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

We're not doing it ourselves - this is the outside of the house. DH painted houses one summer for a job and swore he'd never do it again. I'm not real thrilled about standing on a ladder where the house is at the highest point either.

Inside we can do, outside - no.

Comment

People on my street, us included had our house painted last summer each costing around 3k. The houses are two story with approx 3000 sq ft not including the basement. Our next store neighbor paid 5K for the same job. I would get a couple of estimates and references. The price and quality may vary greatly.

Jennifer
              Needs

Comment

Thanks Jennifer - I had four recommendations and I'm waiting for bids from three of them. Your numbers are more in line with what I'm hoping for.

Comment

I can't remember what we paid but I do recall bids of at least $2K and a lot of our house was brick (unpainted). We need to get this house painted in the next year or so -- I'm guessing it will be around $3K.

Our neighbor paid around $2K to have a one story ranch power-washed, prepped, and painted LESS the trim. The neighbor did the trim himself.

Comment

Our paint job included powerwashing, two coats on the siding and one coat of "superpaint" on the trim. The paint they used was from Sherwin Williams.
                    Needs

Comment

Well we got our first bid back - $1,600 + paint which they estimate at around $300. So I told him we were getting three bids and I'd get back to him in a week or so.

I'm a little peeved about the other two painters. One supposedly looked at the house on Wednesday, one supposedly looked on Thursday but I haven't received anything from either of them. So I guess I'll call if I haven't received anything by Tuesday.

I can handle $2,000, that is less then half that we had budgeted.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
                        I can handle $2,000, that is less then half that we had budgeted.
                        My house needs painted, too!

Comment

Working...
                        X