Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Wood floors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood floors

I cannot stand these dusty floors anymore. OK, the fact that I have 2 cats, 2 dogs, and DH & I are slobs doesn't help. I want to find the best vaccuum for wood floors. Any suggestions? Of course a cleaning service would be better, but can't do that yet.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Dyson, baby.

It handles the three cats, one dog and one dude messes almost daily w/ no ill effects. and it works like a dream on the few rugs that I do have. They actually make one specific for animal fur.

spendy but worth it.

Jenn

Comment

which attachment do you use for the wood floors Jenn? I haven't figured out which one is right. I didn't reply to this b/c that is my ONLY complaint w/my Dyson.

Comment

I don't bother w/ the attachments for the floors but I use the one big one for the carpets sometimes.

I love the little one for the upholstery, too.

Jenn

Comment

So it works well on wood floors without special attachments?
          Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I can't speak to wood but my Dyson works great on our tile floors without special attachments. There is a dial on the head which goes to either carpet or bare floors, all you have to do is turn it and go.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

OK, sold. Which one?
              Luanne

Comment

I highly recommend the DC14 Animal. My beagle has short little hairs, like your dauschands do and it picks them up great.
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Thanks!!!!
                  Luanne

Comment

Working...
                  X