Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Brass Fixtures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass Fixtures

DCJenn said she thinks the clock is ticking on the brusked nickel trend. Will brass be coming back? We just switched out all our brass hardware and fixtures for nickel. We have all this brass stuff and aren't sure what to do with it. Any suggestions on where to donate it?
    Needs

We donated parts of our kitchen to a building material recycling center. Here is a national organization that has a directory of similar centers:

http://ubma.org/

We put in all brushed nickel as well. It was my favorite of all the options. It think it will still be a while before it looks dated.

Comment

I agree w/Nellie on the brushed nickel. I'm just not a fan of brass. But I've never liked gold, either, well before white gold and platinum became the "in thing".

Comment

We're slowly transitioning our house to the brushed nickel as well, we've replaced the dining room light fixture and all the floor transitions when we had the new carpet/tile done. Next are the rest of the fixtures in the house, they're all the same and we have the replacement picked out just haven't taken that step.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Copper and bronze according to the high end mags- the big design trend.

My theory is that once it trickles to Home Depot, the trend is shot.

I don't dislike brushed nickle- don't get me wrong- I just think they're the avacado appliances of the 1970s- or the black appliances of the late 90's or the stainless appliances of the early 00's. Trends come and go- that's what makes them trends. Hell I just spent a few hundred bucks on brushed nickle stuff. I'm just not happy about it.

and I don't know how many of you remember the last time copper was huge- my grandmother had copper stuff everywhere.

Jenn

Comment

We did oil rubbed bronze and chrome for our fixtures.

I like the look of nickel though in the right house!

Sorry you have to tilt your head!!!

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Our house was built in 2000 and brass was an upgrade. Now the houses other side of the neighborhood where construction was just completed have all nickel. I need to start browsing the home mags more. However, I will take nickel over brass any day.

Flynn, I like your fixtures.
              Needs

Comment

We have brass everywhere- tub, sinks, toilets- in both bathrooms. Even the stupid shower door brackets are brass (as in impossible to change out) so dude's bathroom is going to remain brass and I bought a new pendant lamp that's chrome so to tie it all together I bought a chrome and brass vanity lamp.

and really- he's three. by the time we are ready to convert that room to the guest room- he'll be 12 or so. Then maybe we'll change everything out.

and by that time, I'm sure I'll be ready to redo the vanities in the master bath

Jenn

Comment

Thanks for the website link, Nellie. I donated our brass fixtures to a rehab place yesterday.

Jennifer
                  Needs

Comment

Working...
                  X