Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Home Magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Magazines

Which magazines do you like?

I'm still mourning the loss of Inspired House but need to get over it because it's been a year already. I just ordered back copies of the few issues I am missing.

What else is out there? Fine Homebuilding is too much on the buildy side of things for me.

Pull out your little violins and pinkies up...but the new house is overwhelming to me. A small house, though it has challenges, seems easier to decorate. When we moved in here, I had all the paint and furniture for each room planned out before we got here. Now, all of this is going to take a while to plan out for furniture expenses, etc. Maybe I'll take it up with the ladies at lunch:

I LOVE Domino, This Old House and I get Better Homes and Garden even though I feel like I should be wearing a housecoat and slippers when I read it.

Domino is my favorite and I love their website.

I also like the Behr paint and Benjamin Moore websites for color fun and of course, there's always Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware for additional thoughts. (and Crate and Barrel and IKEA)

The inspiration for my new master bath came from the The Old House website.

Jenn

Comment

Great pic Nellie! Where do you guys find these things??

I don't know of any house mags I really like. The few I've bought always seem to be full of the crazy over-priced stuff that only the Hiltons can afford.

Sometimes Real Simple has nice home stuff, and of course Martha is always good for an idea or two.

Don't stress about not knowing what you want to do ... enjoy it. Just have Bryn and Anna help you re-arrange the furniture.

Comment

I love the Ben Moore website but I forgot all about Restoration Hardware. We are refinishing the floors before we move in. I want to change the finish in a sort of drastic way and I'm looking for examples. I'll go check out their website -- thanks!

And Domino too. I've seen it on the newstand but have yet to peruse.

Ditto the housecoat for BH&G. Don't forget the curlers.

Comment

I have been in that store and it is sooooo cool. And you can get a great lunch. Love the light fixture.

I like Dwell too but not a contemporary house.

Comment

i get 'real simple' as a gift from my aunt. i enjoy it. i usually pick up 'good housekeeping' when im in line at the grocery store.
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

The Daily Cafe rents a space there. Yum. You can window shop and then have a cup of coffee. It is a really cool store with lots of antique stuff and hardware all over. Many of the fixtures are named after streets or neighborhoods around here.

Comment

Lily that's a cool site, LOVE the light! Can't wait to see pics

Comment

I also love Domino and Restoration Hardware. Anthropologie also has some really cool home accessories, their furniture and rugs are just way overpriced though.

Check out the HGTV website, specifically pages for your favorite shows/designers for some ideas.

I asked DH yesterday how he feels about doing the bedroom in brown tones. His answer was, "I see enough of that at work and in the bathroom." Then a brown themed bedrooms comes up on HGTV and he loves it. "That was brown?" /highjack.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                    Vishenka, I LOVE pale blue with brown. I think it's a fantastic pallette for a bedroom.
                    That's exactly what the room on TV looked like. He seemed to like that pairing. There's tons of bedding in that color in BBB now. Time to whip out those coupons.

Comment

I like that combo too. Show us what you find!

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                        Vishenka, I LOVE pale blue with brown. I think it's a fantastic pallette for a bedroom.
                        We did a rich brown for the MB walls and had a pale blue for the ceiling. The trim is white and the duvet cover reflects both colors. I LOVE it and so does DH. It's not girly BUT it's beautiful and soothing.

Check my blog for pics. I think there's one of the MB on it!

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

i like pink shades and brown together.
                          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I read Domino from time to time but find the styles in it a bit too eclectic for my taste.

I do enjoy reading Country Living--good home decor tips--even though my style is contemporary and not country at all.

Comment

Phew....much better. I went to see the house this morning and met with the floor guy for an estimate. I hadn't seen the house in over a month and only had the few photos that DD took to go by.

That was part of my stress. I just can't remember what everything looks like, I want to get the floors done BEFORE we move in, and I don't want to even contemplate re-doing them.

I swear one of the rooms changed dimensions.

I know what I'm going to do with all the plank wood floors and am undecided in the parquet. We might wait to do the parquet floors b/c it is easy to section off those parts of the house. And the floor guy says he can't get it all done in time (and it is expensive!). We might have to live in the basement. deja vu....

Comment

Working...
                              X