Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Does anyone crochet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone crochet?

I taught myself to crochet this year...in my free time

..and was wondering if anyone out there crocheted. It might be fun to do a "crochet a long" or something. OR if you crochet can you recommend any good books? I have the Happy Hooker book and want to make it all.

THANKS

I also crochet occasionally. Sporadically is more like it. I'll get into a groove and do it a lot, and then not at all for months ... or years.

Comment

I do...or I did. Maybe in winter I'll start again. I don't have any books to suggest. Maybe you can make a hat/scarf set for 2007 secret santa!

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
        I also crochet occasionally. Sporadically is more like it. I'll get into a groove and do it a lot, and then not at all for months ... or years.

Comment

Now that I am done with school this is on my list of things to do/learn.
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I'm like this with knitting. I'm done a little crocheting, but not enough to feel like I really *understand* it.

I've been meaning to check out the local SNB meetup, which apparently happens each Saturday afternoon. It was past time and we were out and about shopping when I remembered today, though. Maybe next weekend.
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I used to crochet, but after a combined 7 full months of bedrest spread over 3 pregnancies, I crocheted so much I lost the will to stitch!

Although, I am thinking of crocheting matching hats and scarves for my DD and her American Girl doll...some day.

Comment

Heather, how did you teach yourself? I would love to learn how to crochet.

Comment

I actually just read some good books on it. They even have "Crochet for Dummies." I initally started to teach myself knitting, because my daughter wanted me to teach her. I couldn't do the two sticks. Two complicated Maybe I'll pick it up later.

Comment

I can make scarves...and that's it. I always gets crocheter's cramps in my hands (is that normal?!)

Comment

Originally posted by jem
                      Me too, but the next time I can envision doing it is when one of my kids is having a baby, or if my DD wants to learn.
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

No, but I started cross stitching this past year. Took an online course and learned alot. Does anyone else cross stitch? Right now I am working on a Christmas banner and have several other projects that I am eager to get working on.

Comment

Working...
                        X