Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

OK, OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, OK

Here are pictures of the house:

The outside looking toward the pool and side yard (remember the pool is technically in the front yard.)

Nikolai's room, before. Kermit the frog green walls and you can't see the dark forest green ceiling:

after:

bathroom after:

My bathroom floor before (and you can see a corner of the lovely salmon pink walls). This is after the water leak obviously...

and after:

Kitchen:

Dining Room:

Living Room:

Foyer:

In the pictures you will see splotches of yellow paint- the more yellow is the Melted butter that will be painted in the LR/DR and office. (There are no pics of the office but it's off the DR through pocket doors.) It used to be the front parlor). The LR and Office have the pretty wood trim- the DR doesn't so we will keep the same white as the blinds because I'm not painting blinds. In the LR you will see hideous mustard colored trim- that's getting yanked and depending what we find under the crown molding it may or may not be replaced. The chair rail (which is currently shoulder height!) is not going to be replaced. It's not historically accurate for this style of house (age yes, style no) so I'm OK wiht not replacing it. We also want a ceiling fan (re)installed in the LR- there are no overhead lights and there's an obvious patch where one used to be- hopefully the electric box will still be there.

In the Foyer you will see a purple- the accent purple color is very close to that- a smidgen more purple and less blue.

The blue in the LR/DR looks ok in the pictures but in person it's a very faded Williamsburg blue with green tinges showing through now. UG-LY.

The porch will be redone- cream colored columns, a color called Behr Hawaiian Cinder (sort of a cross between red and brown) and the floor colors and I'm debating the third and forth accent colors. (gotta love those victorians- nothing if not complex color schemes.) I'm thinking of a light gold- darker than the brick but close to the morter and a navy as the accent around the windows and on the wrought iron over the window. (It's green now) Basically everywhere you see green will be blue and where you see red it will be golden/brown/yellow. maybe.

So- there you go-

Jenn

love your house jenn. the wood work, the old doors, floors, windows, the staircase! its beautiful. you're doing a great job fixing everything up, while keeping its natural charm and character. thanks for sharing.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Gorgeous home! I love the hardwood floors!

Comment

Very nice!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Love, love your house. Is that stainglass by the staircase? Beautiful!!
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

What a beautiful place you have. I love the staircase and the windows. And I'm jealous of your kitchen!

Comment

Is that stainglass by the staircase?
              Actually, it isn't- it's that contact paper stuff. Otherwise you end up staring in the neighbor's yard. We do have a stained glass window that is in the Living Room, it opens into the dining area (the 'other' dining area) that is in the new part of the house. Basically the front half of the house is the stuff you have seen- the back half (new addition- 20 years ago) is both bathrooms and both bedrooms, the kitchen and this atrium/dining area that used to be the back porch. I'll take more pictures.

Jenn

Comment

Very fun! I love the kitchen island w/the zebra print! DH would never let me get away with something so funky, lucky you!

Comment

In addition to the house being lovely, your son is absolutely adorable!
                  Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                  Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Love your color choices.
                    Needs

Comment

I obviously wasn't on this day! Love the house! Your color choices are great...you wanna come here and help me choose??!

Comment

I love it too. I want to see the pool and the yard. My daughter's room is kermit the frog green
                        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Working...
                        X